Chapter 11

I woke at 9, the next morning. I went downstairs to see that everything was the same as last night. Raam's shoes were still in the house which meant that he didn't leave for office today. 

I shrugged it off thinking that maybe he was too tired from last night. He did look a bit lost anyways. It was better if he took a day off. 

But what spiked my worries was the call from the office in the noon. I picked up and immediately I was greeted by Manish's Sir's voice.

"Vaidehi, is Raam at home?" He asked with slight worry.

"Umm, yeah he is. I thought he took a day off." I explained, not understanding why it was a big deal.

"Okay. He never does something like this. He always informs someone. So, I wondered if everything was okay?" He asked and this confused me even more.

"I'll ask him if he is feeling unwell and I'll let you know what happened." I said to him and immediately I called Gaurav Bhaiya and asked him to come over as only he was the one who can bring him out of the room. But he further shocked me that I was needed in the office first.

So, I got ready and before leaving I went towards his room. I was about to knock but then stopped myself. Instead I just told him that I was going to office but all I got in response was silence. 

I made sure that no one saw me leaving and reached the office.

I was immediately greeted by the team and I was asked to share my observations of these days.

"Sir, one thing is really clear in these days that this neighborhood is not as peaceful and innocent as it seems. There are some of the residents whose details are really suspicious almost as if they just wanted to tell anything but truth." I explained.

"You are right. That is why we called you here. Five of the residents have no background at all." Sam said. Sameera was part of the tech team.

"What the heck do you mean by that?" I asked bewildered.

"By no background, I mean what I am saying. Nothing. Just a blank slate. Nothing about their former lives at all. No hometown, no education or family records." She explained and this was enough to ring warning bells.

"In addition to this, there is a school, almost connected to the market place. And everyone prefers to go there. Basically, that place is going to spill a lot of secrets." I told them.

"Like you." Someone said from behind me.

A/N : Trigger Warning - Mention of panic attack. If you are uncomfortable then please skip until the next author's note.

"Raam?" I asked shocked but he was in some sort-of a trance. 

He ignored everyone else and gripped my shoulders so tight that they started to hurt.

"What are you doing, Raam? Let me go." I tried to free myself from his grip but in return he just tightened his hld. I winced in pain. Seeing this, the others immediately rushed and asked him to calm down.

"Raam, what are you doing. Leave her. Even if you want to ask her something then first calm down and calmly have a conversation." Manish Sir tried to convince him but he ignored him.

Raam was not aware but this was triggering my fear and I was on the verge of a panic attack as my breathing quickened. I was feeling suffocated so I started wriggling in his hold.

"Raam!!!!" Gaurav Bhaiya yelled and this somehow got his attention.

Bhaiya pulled me to his chest. "Damn it. Can't you see... she is having a panic attack. Let her go. Right now." He demanded and I saw Raam looking at me with my blurred vision.