Chapter 15

TRIGGER WARNING : Indirect mention of SA and mentions of blood and violence. If you are uncomfortable, then please skip.

I could feel the blood dripping from my head but I paid no attention to it. I was running. Running endlessly in the corridors, searching for someone. I was desperate. The feeling was something so strong which I have never felt before. So, I ran... I ran to find a way out... I ran..... to save myself. I could hear laughter behind me, but I couldn't stop now. I heard her yelling and ran towards her. I couldn't leave her here. So I reached close to her. I was gasping for air. As the adrenaline subsided, I could feel the pain, almost everywhere. I collapsed in front of her. My heart sank as I took in her appearance. Her clothes were now resembling rags.... nothing more. Her eyes.... they were staring at a far distance, staring at nothing particularly. They seemed dead. I began shaking as I approached. She was not the girl who used to prank everyone with me. She wasn't the one who used to hug me tight, when I felt down. I kneeled down near her and shook her gently.

"Ria... Ria... get up please. We need to get out of here. Please get up. Please...." I broke down as she didn't react, didn't move.

Something wasn't right, so I took her hand in mine and dropped it instantly. It was ice cold. No...... no...... This is a bad dream... no please....... let me wake up.

Her agonizing screams were the ones which kept me alive because I was so determined to get her out. But I failed. I failed to save her. She died in so much pain. So much brutality. And those ******** were laughing at some distance.

I sobbed as I stared at her face. Her eyes would always haunt me. The hollowness in her eyes shook me to the core.

I didn't hear the footsteps approaching me as I was too lost, grieving for my friend who was more like a sister for me. But this nightmare had just begun.

Someone yanked my hair and pulled me away for her. I screamed in pain. I tried to loosen the grip of the man but he just tightened it. He began dragging me away from her, to where all the men were sitting.

They laughed at my plight and I was disgusted by the way they were staring at me. I thrashed to free myself but the man holding me was very strong and bulky. He slapped me across the face and I hit the ground. I couldn't get up now as I was frozen with fear. They started approaching me like vultures as I tried to move back.

"I'll have the first go." One of them said and froze. No..... No... please no.....

One of them injected me with something and vision began to blur. Still, I kept trying my best... trying to fight him off... but......

He held my arms above my head but I tried to free myself from his steel grip. Their supposed leader turned around and my heart stopped after seeing his face.

"Raghav.....? Raghav please......" I whispered but it came out like an exhale.

The man tightened his grip and I started to fight him off. I could feel them holding me... trying to pin me down. But I would not stop... I'll fight....

"Vaidehi calm down.... damn it Gaurav.... call the doctor, now...." Someone yelled but my mind was blurred.

I kept fighting until I felt more hands trying to restrain me. I panicked more as I tried to use my left-over strength but they wouldn't leave.

"Leave me..... let me go.... don't touch me.... please....... let me go...... don't do this to me.... I beg you.... kill me instead but don't take away my pride.... my honor.... please..... don't do this to me...." I yelled at the top of lungs. I saw Raghav standing in front of me and I felt so angry that I pushed him away. Before I could say something, I felt something prick my arm and I felt myself going limp.