Chapter 16

I was woken up to the sound of Raj barging into my room in the morning. 

"Vaidehi? Kya hua tujhe?" He yelled and Raam who was sleeping on the chair beside my bed immediately pulled out his gun as reflex.

As for me... hehehe.... I sat up upright so fast that my head throbbed and I laid back clutching my head.

"Koi mujhe chain se sone kyun nahi de raha hai?" I grumbled.

But then, I realized something.... Raam was sitting in my room..... beside me..... and now Raj was here too.

I sat back up again and looked at Raj whose attention was completely on Raam. Raj too, pulled out his gun and pointed it at Raam.

"What the hell is he doing here? Vaidehi... relax.... you are safe." He said as he moved towards me and Raam made an annoyed face. Well shit. Now, the new drama will begin.

"Ye kis namune ko yahan le aye hein aap?" Raam said to Manish Sir.

"Um... doctor....?" I said to the doctor as they were now standing in the room, clearly intimidated by the two men with their guns pointed at each other. I'm pretty sure, they didn't sign up for this.

"Yes... yes...." The poor guy shifted his attention to me cautiously.

"Can I get some painkillers in advance? I believe my headache is about to increase any minute." I said with a sweet smile and he dashed out of the room. 

The rest of the staff along with the security left too, after Manish Sir convinced them that nothing was going to happen to me.

"Why are you here?" Raj said in a menacing voice that I had to look at him to make sure he was the saying the words.

"Why won't I be here? She is my wife." Raam said in a bored tone, still in the role.

As soon as the he uttered those words, Raj turned to me in slow motion.

"Did he threaten you? Did he blackmail you? Because if he did... I swear I'll...." But I cut him off.

"Calm down, both of you. Raam, he is my best friend Raj. Please put your gun away. And Raj... well you need to sit down first." I said as I rubbed my temples. 

"No... Vaidehi.. first tell me what is going on..... Wife? More specifically, his wife???" Raj began again.

"Abe kutte baith jaa shanti se. Waise hi mera sar dard se fata jaa raha hai... yahan ye drama alag chalu kar diya." I was already irritated. It's just I hated hospitals.

Everyone looked at me clearly shocked with my words. The doctor sent his senior to the room with painkillers. He was a handsome guy, but not more than Raam. Wait... what? I felt heat rushing to my cheek as I subconsciously compared him to Raam.

"Are you alright, Vaidehi. He said that you needed painkillers?" The doctor asked.

"Do you always call your patients by your first name?" Raam muttered from behind.

"Yeah... she needed painkillers. Thank you. You may leave now." Raj said monotonously and took the medicines from him before I could even reply.

The doctor looked at me, then at the two men, then again at me.

"We'll call you, if we need something. Now... I'm sure you must be busy." Raam again tried to make him leave.

"Yeah... Vaidehi say thank you to the doctor. We'll call you, Doc." Raj said, unknowingly agreeing with Raam.

"What did I miss?" Gaurav Bhaiya said and I felt like hitting my head.

"All of you, calm down. Raam, Raj is going to help us in the mission." As soon as I heard those words, I couldn't help but scream.