Chapter 25

"I still don't approve of my daughter getting married without my knowledge." My mother said.

So, Maa was still angry, huh.

And I wonder why?

I was living in peace since I thought you died.

But darling, why don't you accept it.... I am your mind... your brain... You can't live without me. Muahhhh...

I really need to visit my doctor to ask whether he treated my head injuries correctly or not.

Uh huh... so you are disgusted if I want to kiss you but you were more than happy when a certain someone kissed you last night.

Just shut up. Let me hear the conversation between my parents.

"But that was for her own safety." My father countered.

"But..." She tried to say something but my father cut her off.

"And they both know each other. This kid saved us even back then. From what I can understand he was at risk still he made sure that we got out of their alive and safe." He said.

"How do you reckon we explain this to the family. I don't want them to talk nonsense about my daughter. They were not entirely okay with us sending her to join the crime branch and now, she got married without informing anyone. It's almost as if she eloped with her lover." My mother was panicking at this stage.

Ohhhhhh.... this is what it's all about....

"Then we'll just say that we got her married in a court in a hurry." My father suggested.

"Are you even hearing yourself? You think someone would actually believe that stuff?" My mother said in an exasperated voice. 

"Then let them be. My daughter is happy and safe. That is all that matters to me. I don't care what they think. Plus this guy actually seems genuine." My father finally snapped.

"How can you talk like that. Being a father of a daughter, you are just going approve of any boy." My mother was actually confused.

True, my father was always too-protective of me. I, myself, was shocked hearing his words. 

"Well, I may not trust this boy much but I do believe my daughter. And I am sure that if things go wrong then she knows very well how to hide a body and erase the traces."

Ah... that's why. I love you, Papa.

"How can you... you...." Maa could not even form a sentence at this point.

So much of having a peaceful morning in the house.

I turned around to see Raam sleeping peacefully on the floor. I have no idea when I fell asleep and how did I end up in my room but that must have something to do with this man sleeping unaware of the whole drama that was going on downstairs. 

I quickly freshened up, packed my bags and went down the stairs to greet my parents.

"Do you want to say something?" My mother said in hard voice and I gulped.

Nothing. I mean nothing can be scarier than an angry mother.

"Before you get angry at me, Yes, I married without informing you guys and no, if there was any other way then I would have never done so. I guess, you'll just have to accept it now." I said in a calm voice not to make her any more angry than she already was.

She looked around to see my father's out and whispered.

"Vaidehi, you can't fool me. I am your mother. You don't have vermillion in your hair, you are not wearing any ornaments, nothing at all which can confirm that you are married." She said in a gentle voice as she sat down next to me and held my hands in her hands.