Two | Anaisha

"You're coming," claimed Stella, Anaisha's best friend. 

Anaisha whispered back over the phone, "I can't." She heard Stella sigh. "You know my parents won't allow me."

"Then lie. Tell them you're coming to my place to study."

"They won't buy it," Anaisha let out a sigh, exasperatedly, annoyed by her own parents. Her parents were always more strict with her than they were with her brother. From letting her go out with her friends, to what time she came back home.

Her friends, however, didn't understand. They thought her parents were toxic, but how could she tell them that this is the mentality of most Indian parents, who are strict but not too strict.

I mean, don't get me wrong, they had their days, but most of the time, they were chill.

Anaisha could say there was some partiality when it came to her and her brother. Her parents weren't as strict with her brother as they were with her. When it came to studies, going out with friends, or going anywhere by herself. There was always some sort of pressure on her, she loved her parents no doubt, but she couldn't wait until she could move out. She was in her last year of University at the age of 21 and made sure she took advantage of that. 

"Do they really have to know we are going to a club?"

"Yes!" Anaisha thought about it. "Okay, maybe not in full detail."

Her friend on the other line of the phone, let out an exaggerated sigh, content that Anaisha was thinking straight. "How will you get there?" 

"I'll call Zain. He'll wait at the end of the street." Their relationship had been going on for the past year. Her parents didn't know - obviously - and Anaisha had planned to keep it that way. 

"Anaisha, this is supposed to be a girl's night out. Emphasis on girls."

"Well there's nothing else I can do," Anaisha fought back. "It's either this or nothing."

***

Half an hour later, Anaisha had somehow managed to convince her parents, get ready, and was stepping inside her boyfriend's car.

Zain leaned over the console to give her a chaste kiss on her lips before drifting back into his earlier position, observing her attire for the night. "You look beautiful, babe. What do you say? We ditch your friend and have the night to ourselves?" He winked for added effects. 

"Maybe another time." Both knew that was a lie. Instead of replying back, Zain turned the car on. 

Focusing outside the window for the rest of the car ride, Anaisha lost track of time. Her mind was elsewhere. She knew he was going to be there. Somehow, he always knew where she was. Lurking around, preying on her until she was alone before he took the opportunity to attack her. It was an unsettling feeling, and Anaisha didn't know who to confide in. She thought of Autumn. Maybe telling her might be some sort of peace to her. But whenever Anaisha brought the courage to open up to her friend, Miles would show up, the same way Alex did. 

***

Entering the club, Zain took Anaisha to the bar, ordering two drinks for themselves. 

Anaisha: We've reached.

Stella: Be there soon ;)

Sighing, Anaisha placed her phone back in her purse, just in time for the drinks. Recently, Anaisha had felt herself drifting away from her boyfriend. The threat that she had received not even two months ago- courtesy of Alexander - loomed over her head, like a dark cloud. She feared for her boyfriend, his family, her own family, and for her friends. Alex hadn't spared anyone in that matter. Everyone she loved was in danger. He targeted everyone she was close to, even Autumn, promising to harm them.

Anaisha's phone buzzed, bringing her out of her trance. She was smart enough to put her phone on vibration mode, so she'd know if someone contacted her - especially her parents.

Stella: On a side note, meet me on the dance floor

Anaisha: Why?

Stella: I see a hunk ;)

Instead of immediately joining her friend on the dance floor. She took a sip of her drink, tapping her right foot to the beat of the music as she looked around. Zain had long gone, making acquaintances with other men. The nightclub was packed, barely leaving any room for the waitresses to move through the large herd of people. The red, electronic lights dominated the dance floor, amplifying the seductiveness of the room. 

As her eyes moved from face to face, she stumbled across someone she knew very clearly. Anaisha had known he was here. He was always where she was. It was just a matter of time before she spotted him. Alexander found it amusing - obviously - watching her look for him. It was their own game of hide-and-seek. 

Anaisha ignored him as he walked his way to her. Turning her back, she faced one of the bartenders. Watching him serve drinks after drinks. She always wondered how they remembered how to make all the drinks. She barely remembered how to make a Cosmopolitan, always getting the proportions wrong. She made a mental note of asking Autumn how she handled it. 

"We meet again. What a coincidence?" She would've recognised that voice anywhere. It haunted her dreams.

"It's hardly a coincidence when you're stalking me." 

Alex threw his head back and barked out a laugh.

Anaisha noticed he wasn't wearing his fedora hat today. He never not wore his hat. "Where's your hat? Lost it somewhere?" 

Alex smirked. "I had planned the night with you pulling my hair and the hat would've been an inconvenience," He let that sink in. "But now that I think about it, maybe next time, I'll make you wear it while I fuck you," he whispered the last bit in her ear, alluringly. 

Anaisha lost her breath. After she regained consciousness, she sharply turned her eyes to him. Her eyes were nothing but fierce and determined. "Dream on. That is never going to happen."

"Angel, I already do."

Anaisha let out an exaggerated grunt at his pursuit. Instead of answering back, she made her way to the dance floor.

Alexander, under normal circumstances, wouldn't let anyone walk away from him. But she wasn't just anyone, she is his Angel. His eyes were fierce as he followed every sway of her hip. His palms turned into two fists, as he watched her boyfriend come up behind her. Zain, the word rolled off disgustingly off his tongue. Alexander knew he had to deal with him. He had warned her enough times, and his patience was running thin. Alex kept his eyes on them, especially Anaisha, before leaving the place. 

***

Author's Note:

As an Indian girl myself, I am trying to make Anaisha as relatable to every South Asian individual as I can, and not trying to base this specifically on what I've been through as one, too much. So if you guys would want to see some scenes of Anaisha portraying that side of her [and have any recommended scenes too] then lmk. 

The timeline for this story is just before Anaisha's character was revealed in TK [Autumn and Anaisha are uni friends]. And Miles and Autumn will appear here and there but as the story progresses they won't ;)

Anyhoo...

Please do Comment, Share, and Vote. 

Thank You Very Much!

Dhvani :)