Eleven | Anaisha

"Anshu!"

Anaisha was on the call with her best friend, Stella, when she heard her dad call for her.

"Yes, Papa," she screamed back.

"Come downstairs, Beta. There's some important news I'd like to share."

Stella questioned from the other side of the call. "Is everything alright?"

"I-yes. I'll call you later. Dad's calling me."

"Okay. Remember what I said!"

Anaisha laughed. "Yes. Yes. I will."

Anaisha had met Stella during her first year of University. Though it had taken a while for her to get used to Stella's boisterous personality before she warmed up to her, they were inseparable ever since. Stella encouraged Anaisha to step out of her comfort zone and partake in activities she normally would never indulge in. That including taking it to third base with Zain. She was indecisive at first. Questioning if it was what she really wanted but as time went on, she didn't mind. She actually liked the idea of losing her virginity to Zain.

However, what she didn't know was the real reason why Stella befriended her. And whether it had something to do with a certain someone.

As she made her way downstairs, Anaisha recalled her brother saying something about a marriage proposal. She knew her parents were adamant about something when they had made their minds up. Especially, when it came to their daughter's marriage life. But they seemed to forget that she was their daughter after all. She was just as if not more as stubborn as they were - specifically her dad.

"Come sit," spoke her mum - Shalini.

Anaisha was her mum's twin - as said by everything - except for her eyes. She had gotten her hazel eyes from her dad - Nitesh - who Arun looked exactly like, with their tanned brown skin and dark hair and the same hazel eyes.

Shalini took the lead with the conversation. "We have something important to tell you, Anshu."

"Is about the marriage proposal. If so, then my answer is no."

"Arunn!" muttered Nitesh. "He told you, didn't he?"

"Papa, I already told you, I have no interest in getting married anytime soon. I'm still too young."

"All your cousins got married at your age."

"Stop lying, Papa. They got married when they were 25 and older."

"Yes and by the time we find a suitable groom for you, you'll be 25 too," Shalini spoke, persistently.

Anaisha couldn't stand a second in her home anymore. She needed to get out fast. And not just for a day but for the rest of her life too. Who was she kidding though? That was impossible for her. She barely had a job that paid well not only for her to find a place for herself but also contribute to pay her student loan debt.

"I'm going to leave."

Her parents let her walk away, knowing she needed time to think.

"Think about our conversation, Beta," reminded Nitesh. He knew his daughter's answer to the proposal. However, he was unsure of how the third party was going to react to this news.

"I will." Not

***

Author's Note:

Another filler chapter!

There are two pretty detectable foreshadowing clues in this chapter. 

Lmk your thoughts!

Anyhoo...

Please Do Comment, Share, and Vote.

Thank You Very Much!

Dhvani :)