Eight | Anaisha

How does he know Arun?

The thought was stuck in her head for a week. No matter how much she tried, Anaisha couldn't come up with a reasonable explanation. None of them made sense.

Arun wasn't evil enough to work with someone like Alexander. Yes, he used to chase her around the house with a knife, but which older brother didn't.

Anaisha laughed at the memory. She had her own ways of getting back at him. Always pulling the younger child card. Arun hated it. Getting frustrated with her as her parents took her side and scolded the older child. Anaisha missed them. No matter how insufferable her parents were at times, she missed them, dearly. Even Arun. Though she would never admit this to him, his ego would skyrocket so far.

Speaking of the devil, her phone rang.

The Adopted One.

Anaisha smiled at the screen. "What?" She answered.

"Well hello to you too!" Arun paused, expecting her to answer back. When she didn't, he took it as a cue to carry on. "Dad's asking when you're coming back home?"

"Why?"

She heard him sigh on the other side of the phone. This wasn't a good sign. Her brother only ever sighed if he was going to announce some bad news. Such as him coming home at the same time she was there.

"There was a proposal -"

"That can kiss my ass."

"At least hear me out, Anshu. I told Dad to tell them 'no' but he didn't listen."

It was at times like this that she couldn't tolerate her parents. Even though Anaisha was only 21, they were hell-bent on getting her married or at least engaged.

"He never listens, does he?"

"No." There was some muttering from his side on the line.

"Are you at work?"

"Yeah."

"How's it going?" Arun had recently started working at the IT company four months ago.

"It's going good. The boss is surprisingly decent to work with. Though he doesn't let me in on some meetings he has but-"

"But?"

"I don't know," he sighed again. "I sometimes feel like something dodgy is going on."

"Why don't you spy? Act like you didn't know there was a meeting and you just happened to stumble into the meeting room."

"Yeah stumble in." Anaisha knew Arun was rolling his eyes on the other side of the phone. "Anshu, he's decent to work with but that doesn't mean he's stupid. And plus as long as he pays me as good as he is right now, I don't care as long as it doesn't involve me."

"Well, if he's paying you sooo good, do you mind giving me some?" If they were having this conversation face-to-face, Anaisha would've pulled her best puppy-eye face.

"Go away, you beggar. I'm giving you shit."

"I don't want your shit." She spoke sweetly again. "I want your money."

"You're getting nada."

"Yeah. well, did you know?"

"Don't pull this shit again."

"Parents found you in a dumpster."

Arun groaned, annoyed with his sister.

"And, that they love me the most?"

"Will you shut up if I send you some?"

"Yes. Yes. Yes." This made her day. "Thank you!"

Arun was a softy for his sister no matter how irritating she got. 

***

Author's Note:

A filler chapter but it does give some insight into Arun and Anaisha's relationship. 

There are some important details too. (pssst: foreshadowing).

Anyhoo...

LMK your thoughts! Love hearing them all!

Please Do Comment, Share, and Vote. 

Thank You Very Much!

Dhvani :)

Ps: Not Edited.