Nine | Alexander

"Are you looking for her?"

"Well hello to you too, Angel," Alex chuckled.

"Well have you, Xander?"

"What did you call me?" He could hear his Angel's breath hitch for a second. He could process her chain of thoughts were heading towards.

Anaisha hesitantly answered him, "Why?"

Alex debated whether he should answer her. Whether it was necessary for her to know. "Someone used to call me by that name."

"Oh." He knew his Angel was thinking of the worst. Possibly a lover. As much as she didn't want to admit it, she was jealous. Even if it was for a millisecond, she was jealous. And Alex knew this. 

"I used to know her for a very long time," he added more fuel to the fire. 

"Who was she?" Alexander smiled. He cracked her, and without her realising, Anaisha portrayed that she cared for him. She cared for him

Alex didn't stop. "I loved her a lot." Stop. She's going to get scared. They were making progress in their "relationship" but if Alex stop his antics, she for sure would run away from him. Further, than she already was. Hearing some fidgeting on her side of the call, Alex answered her. "She used to look after me when I was a child."

"Your mother?"

"No, not my mother. Someone else." Anaisha didn't ask anymore more questions and Alexander was grateful for that. He would tell her when the time was right. When she was in his arms instead of that little punk.

"Do you want me to stop?"

"No." Alex's response was much faster than both of them had anticipated. He loved the way his name sounded on her lips. And he knew that it would sound even better if she screamed it for him. Maybe when the time comes, she will.

Alex waited for her to speak, and when she didn't, he spoke first. "I'm still in the process of looking for her." Alexander didn't care for Autumn. It didn't matter to him whether she was still alive or not, but it did matter to his Angel, and for that reason, he'd look for her. Or at least try to. "But I can't promise you if she'll be alive or not, Angel." 

Anaisha had anticipated that. She knew that there was only a plausible explanation for her friend's disappearance yet she didn't want to believe it. "I...okay. Just look for her, please."

"Will do."

After the call cut, Alexander walked into the office at the end of the hall at this place. Logging into his computer, he pulled up the tracker to see where his captive was. The address looked familiar. He remembered showing up at the house. Recalling when he had been there, his mind flashed back to when Anaisha had visited Autumn at the zoo before they went to her house. Autumn's house

Why was he at her house? Was she not missing? Or killed perhaps?

Alexander had assumed Autumn was missing and Anaisha had never mentioned to him if she had ever visited her friend's house or not. So she wasn't missing?  His thoughts were disarranged as Alex tried to solve what had happened to Autumn. 

Unless she went undercover. And that still didn't make sense. 

Visiting her house would've been the correct decision but Alex rather preferred to call Alesandro to figure out the situation.

"Is the girl not missing?"

"She went into a hideout." 

"In her own house?" 

"Yes." There was a pause on the other side of the line. "Silly girl she is."

Alexander heard some chuckle in the background.

"Why?"

He heard Alesandro sigh before he answered. "Because she killed my right-hand man."

"Miles?" Alex had only briefly met Miles at odd times. 

"Yes."

"Well, what are you going to do?"

"Let Aden take care of it." 

Aden. 

Alesandro could train him for his position before Alex took care of Ales. With the right training, Aden would be fit for the role and therefore take some stress off Alexander's shoulders too. That would be perfect.

"Well hurry up and come back here quickly." Alexander grinned, devilishly. He himself wasn't sure as to why though.

"Alex, you and I both know you have something else planned up." Alex could hear the pounding of shoes and assumed that Alesandro was walking somewhere private. "You might as well tell me."

"Don't fucking act smart with me. We both know I could easily track you down and drag you back to my place."

"You could. But will you?" There was a pause again. "So go on, tell me. And let's get this over and done with."

"Train Aden for me. Your position."

Alesandro didn't expect that. Knowing that Alexander was soon to dispose of him hurt. Not because he thought his captor loved him. But because he was soon going to die. Soon to be rid of. That terrified him. He had made a name for himself in the last 13 years and knowing it was all going to end felt like someone stabbed his heart over and over again. In that moment, Alesandro knew he had to run to Clarence. Beg for his life. Maybe he'd help like he did when he was just 15 years old.

However, what Alesandro failed to realise was the shift in power between Clarence and Alexander. 

***

Author's Note:

Apologies for the very late update. My exams have finished so I am going to try and be more frequent with the updates. Thank you all for your patience <3

This story is now picking up its tempo, which I'm very excited about!

Let me know what you guys think Clarence will say/behave when Alesandro comes running to him?? Very curious to know!

Anyhoo...

Please Do Comment, Share, and Vote.

Thank You Very Much!

Dhvani :)