One | Alexander

Alexander thrived on the smell of fear. It was his drug. The scent that ran through his veins intoxicated him until all he could think about was pain: Mental. Emotional. Physical. If he couldn't think straight, all he'd do was walk down to the cells until he reached one of the sinful souls and got high. And that is precisely what he was doing now. 

Humming to himself, he slowly walked in front of Alesandro's cell. "Hello," he called out.

Alesandro was driven to insanity at the solitude he was confined in. He wasn't used to it and Alex was relishing it. "Get me out of here," he spoke, his voice hoarse from the lack of hydration. 

"Patience. I will. Soon." Alex smirked. "But I'm bored."

Alesandro was naked, seated on an electrocution chair. 

Alexander wasn't a sadist. At least he didn't think he was, but his men would beg to differ. It brought him great satisfaction to have control over someone's life in the palm of his fist. Alex didn't want to kill Alesandro straight away. No. He wanted to enjoy it. Devour all his screams until he begged for mercy, which Alex would deny of. And bring him the most agonizing death he would only wish on his nemesis - Alesandro being second on the list.

"Shut the fuck up," Alex shouted at Alesandro's pleas.  Looking at the begging man in the chair reminded Alex of the day Clarence had brought him to their house for the first time. Alexander never liked Ales, hated him. Despised him even. 

"Son, come downstairs," yelled Clarence from the porch.

16-year-old Alex stood at the top of the staircase. Solemn look on his face, he waited for his father to order more commands at him. 

"I said come downstairs!" Gritted his father through clenched teeth. 

Alex's cheeks went red. With a bored expression, he stood in front of a dirty boy with ripped clothes and blood smeared all over his face, hating him already. When no words were spoken, he looked up at his father. 

"Meet Alesandro. He'll be staying with us."  A proud look enveloped Clarence's face. A toothy smile beamed across his face as he looked down at Alesandro, his eyes shining with adoration. Alesandro was his new toy.

Hatred turned into loathing.

"Why?" 

Sharply, Clarence turned towards his son. The look in his eyes shut Alex up. "Show Alesandro the guest bedroom and then come meet me in my office. Is that understood?"

"Yes sir," Alex whispered back. 

Once Clarence walked away, Alexander turned towards the new boy. "Follow me." Hostility swirled around like fire in Alex's eyes. 

Alesandro did as he was told. He could feel the malice coming from the older boy miles away. He looked around the house, the place seemed like a palace to him. A palace where he had to make the most of it. 

"This will be your room." Alex broke Alesandro out of his trance. 

As soon as Ales began walking into the room, Alexander took advantage of his naivety. Just as Ales took a step, the older boy put his leg out resulting in Alesandro losing his balance and falling face-first to the ground. His bruised forehead flattened against the hardwood before the rest of his body followed shortly. Instinctively, his hand shot up to the now-pained area, pressing against the wound to help ease the pain to the best of his ability. 

"You should watch where you're going, Alesandro," Alex mocked. 

Alesandro didn't say anything. He knew Alex was the cause of his fall, but he had to get on the good side of his. Instead, he nodded his head. 

Alex always yearned for his father's approval - the way Alesandro never had to. It wasn't gifted to him on a silver platter like it was with Ales. The only reason his father would even engage in a conversation with him would be for business, or else Alex would have to fend for himself.

"You know," Alexander spoke. "I have waited for this for a while now."

Alesandro was confused.

"Since the day I saw you, I wanted to kill. But I didn't because my father always protected you." Alex was quiet for a bit. "My father protected you over his own son."

"So you were jealous?" 

"No." Alexander shook his head. "I was hungry. For your death. For your blood to be smeared all over my hands while I watch you take your last breath."

"Why did you wait this long then?" 

"I needed a reason," Alex smirked. "And you finally gave me one."

Alesandro thought about it. "What reason?"

"Shut up." Alex was finished with this conversation. He refused to talk more about the past. 

Moreover, it was time. Time to go visit his Angel.

***

Author's Note:

First Chapter done!!

Lmk you guys think. 

 Yes, Alex's full name is Alexander Donovan. And for those that haven't read the first book in the series and would like to know how Clarence found Alesandro, I'd recommend reading the 'Prologue' in KP ;)

Anyhoo...

Please do Comment, Share, and Vote.

Thank You Very Much!

Dhvani :)

PS: Just a few disclaimers for what this book will have for those that haven't read the disclaimer:

1. Stockholm Syndrome

2. Mentions of rape/suicide/murder/kidnapping. [There will be TW at the start of the chapter too if a chapter mentions any of those things].

3. Age gap - Alexander is 31. Anaisha is 21. 

4. Their love is toxic. This isn't a fairytale. If you are here expecting a "fairytale" love story, then you will be disappointed. There will be things such as blackmailing, manipulation etc from the guy's side.