// thanksgiving meal .

happy thanksgiving<3 (it is thanksgiving for me, but happy late/early thanksgiving if yours has/hasn't already happened)!

The atmosphere was thick, tense, and hot, or maybe it was just the tie wrapped neatly around his neck -- almost suffocating him -- but at least it suited quite well with his suit and pants, according to Henry.

The two of them were having dinner together with Henry's family and a few other human-like toons, or "toons" who were more than glad to have joined in on the dinner.
They found it to be a perfect time to meet and socialize with their friend's family.
However, not everyone was so eager.

Especially the Ink Demon.
First, he has to wear this ridiculously tight suit just to "look nice", right? But doesn't he always look nice?
Second, he has to socialize and see Henry's family. The literal people who made Henry; His dear, beloved creator and soon-to-be husband.

Hearing a chair scratch along the floor boards of the dining room, he averts his eyes to the source of noise and realizes it to be Henry, sitting down into the chair.

He feels the sharp glare underneath all the ink, looking up at his partner, he sends a smile and a small wave before getting into place. Keeping the smile onto his face, whether it was now forced or not.

The food had already been on the table and it sure does smell fresh. The Ink Demon wasn't too sure of what his partner had cooked up, but whatever it was, it sure smelt delicious.
If it wasn't for Henry stopping him, he would've already had eaten the whole course there.

Unfortunately, Henry introduced this new idea to him called "sharing". It sounded like the most stupidest idea ever, sharing? Is that even a word?
Henry probably made it up now thinking about it.
Whatever it was, it disgusted him.

He watched as the seats began to be filled more and more, until eventually, there was none left. Just how big was one's family? Even including a few extra living "toons"?
Thankfully, none of them paid any attention to the "toons", or himself. Not even Henry. They were all too busy arguing with one another to even realize the food was ready to be eaten under the large metal bowls, at least that's what he assumes they are.

Seeing his husband stand up beside him from his seat with a glass in hand, the man quickly cleared his throat,

"..welcome everyone! I'm glad you all could j-"

Attempt 1 ^

"Attention everyone! I would like to introduce-"

Attempt 2 ^

"Everyone, me and a few other special guests are so glad you could've made it..-" A frown slowly formed onto the man's face as he completed his sentence - "-this year.."

Attempt 6 ^

Hey, at least he got a full sentence out on the 6th attempt. A shame nobody was paying attention..

Hearing a sigh come from his right, he saw his fiancè sit back into his chair and sigh.
Setting his glass down neatly by his plate, placing his hands down on the table while placing his head down in between the crossed arms, most likely exhausted.

His beloved creator had spent forever planning and cooking for this meal. Even writing all the letters took a while and a lot of effort, and in the end; what did he get? No respect, no attention, no appreciation for everything he's done.

Feeling a gloved claw touch his arm and gently squeeze it, he lifted his head to look at his partner.

Putting a sort of half-assed smile onto his face to not concern his partner more than he has already. It wasn't anything too major, really. Just, his family really puts the "giving" in Thanksgiving..huh. -- Giving a headache, that is.

The Ink Demon has decided what to do.

----

yes, that was how I ended it-
and yes, I regret it.

"pt2 coming next thanksgiving"/j

i would've added more, I started it in such a short-time span and procrastinated.

i will post another short chapter since this one was short! >