Chapter 1

Wasssssup

We back with book 2 lets go

It's only been two weeks but it feels like years, probs cause I graduated on friday and now I feel like a completely different person lol. Very surreal.

So like in case yall forgot from the first book A/B/O will be present in this book but only for one scene and then it basically doesn't get mentioned anywhere else (yall probs already know what scene).

And also violence and shit will be prevelent so dont read if you dont like that.

Anyways, onto the continued adventure!

---

(M/N) stared out at the lake as the sun peeked over the horizon. His muscles clenched tight against the cold air that the Winter months brought along. If a pack of wild dogs were to appear at that moment, the odds of him scaling a tree before they attacked were not in his favour. He could benefit from moving around to work the stiffness out of his limbs, but instead he sat, as motionless as the rock beneath him, while dawn began to lighten the woods.

(M/N) was dreading this day. By noon they'd all be at his new house in the Victor's Village. The reporters, the camera crews, even Emi, his old escort, would have made their way to District 12 from the Capitol.

There would be others waiting, too. A staff to cater to his every need on the long train trip. A prep team to beautify him for public appearances. (M/N)'s stylist and friend, Keigo, who designed the incredible outfits that first made the audience take notice of (M/N) in the Hunger Games.

If it were up to (M/N), he would try to forget the Hunger Games entirely. Never speak of them. Pretend they were nothing but a bad dream. But the Victory tour made that impossible. Strategically placed almost midway between the annual Games, it was the Capitol's way of keeping the horror fresh and immediate.

Not only were the districts forced to remember the iron grip of the Capitol's power each year, they were forced to celebrate it. And this year, (M/N) was one of the stars of the show. He would have to travel from district to district, to stand before crowds who would secretly loathe him, to look down into the faces of the families whose children he'd killed.

The sound of a branch snapping forced (M/N) into a standing position with his bow aimed at the person behind him, who happened to be Shoto.

"Whoa, take it easy, it's just me," Shoto said with his hands up defensively.

(M/N) sighed and lowered his bow. Ever since he came out of the Games he'd been more paranoid than ever. The trauma from the things he experienced in the arena tied together with the looming threat of the Capitol who wasn't particularly fond of him didn't do much to help ease his worries.

"Sorry," (M/N) said, turning back to the lake. The sun continued to rise, and as much as (M/N) wanted to stay there, he knew he couldn't.

"We should go," he continued as he began walking away from the lake, Shoto trailing behind him.

(M/N) had been in the woods for three hours, but he'd made no real attempt at hunting, so he had nothing to show for it. It didn't matter for his mother and Eri anymore. They could afford to buy butcher meat in town, although none of them liked it better than fresh game. Though Shoto and his family were depending on today's haul and (M/N) couldn't let them down.

Despite (M/N) having more than enough money to feed both their families, Shoto refused to take even a single coin from him. It was hard enough for (M/N) to try and bring him meat, even though Shoto surely would've supplied (M/N)'s family had he been killed in the Games.