Chapter XIV: Takoyaki Nakama

I've been really busy I know, but I'll be updating every 3-4 weeks or so, depending if I'm busy or not. Also writers block ahaha. That may seem like a long time, but I need to correct everything and write down what happens in the future chaps!

And also, yay we hit 100 followers! ♪└(◕‿◕)┐♪

Without further ado, the next chapter!

--------------------------------

The guild was getting livelier by the season. Everyone made sure that they could get their favorite couples together as much as possible so the dang phase would be over. But most enjoyed it, because they got to swoon and 'aw' at their short moments of cutesy romance. Especially Mira and Lisanna. But that didn't mean the dragonslayers wanted it to last. Little did they know -- or anyone know really, that they were shifting into the later stages of the mating season, and getting more anxious and ambition to start the marking process. Some couples hadn't seen this, and one of them was sure to find out.

Mira was doing the usual, cleaning dishes, giving Erza her daily slice of cake, and making sure that everything was going as planned, meaning nobody would disrupt or get in the way of her ships. She also had a magazine shoot scheduled for later that day so it was quite busy. But never fear, she had her trusty shipper team that consisted of Happy, Lily, and Lisanna. Bickslow also heard of her plans, because he had been hanging around Lisanna more frequently. Today, the guild was emptier than normal because the majority of the guild decided to go on jobs.

"Ohayo, Freed, Bickslow," Mirajane greeted the two approaching members of the Raijinshuu tribe. Where was Evergreen? "Probably with her 'man' somewhere else," she thought and giggled.

"Ohayo," they replied, and asked for their drinks. While Mirajane made the preparations, the two mages behind her could feel something or someone staring at them from far away with a great intensity. It was almost like someone was burning holes through their skin so they could see their souls.

"O-Oi, Freed," Bickslow shivered and turned towards his teammate. Freed was already trembling. "Do you feel that?"

"Do you mean this cold aura? Yep," Freed gulped nervously.

The two Laxus followers slowly turned around, but found nothing.

"It was probably the wind, you know?" Freed shrugged. Bickslow nodded and they started talking about the jobs they went on during the week.

But what he didn't know was it was definitely not the wind. It was 'the Hime-sama's bodyguard and knight', the thunder beast himself: Laxus. He was hiding behind a potted plant watching the pair's every move.

"These rats, engaging in conversation with royalty like its nothing. Talking to MY Hime like its nothing?" her knight in shining armour growled and decided that the next time they would talk to her, he would strike.

"Hai, dozo!" Mira handed them their drinks.

"Arigatou Mira," Bickslow and Freed took them out of her hands. The next thing they knew was that a flashing beam lunged at them and they were deep fried takoyaki. A fuming Laxus had jumped out of his hideout and rushed over to Mira like she was a store during Black Friday.

"E-Ehh," Freed twitched. They were both on the ground and cried comically.

"Hime-sama, are you hurt? Are you okay? How is your temperature? Did they touch you? Do you need me to fry them even more? How is--"

"LAXUS," Mira stared at him with a murderous aura, but realized that those small scales were forming along his face, specifically his temples and forehead. His arms were developing some scales as well, and were his nails getting longer? She stopped to examined the scales, brushing a strand of hair from his face to see them more clearly in the process. During that period of time, Laxus had slowly come out of the trance and was staring at Mira with a confused expression. Looking back at her, he remembered everything.