Chapter II: Strange Behaviour

Next chapter! It's not set as anyone's pov, but it alternates between what's happening between Romeo and Lucy. Btw Romeo and Wendy are 14 :3

Disclaimer: As I said before, unfortunately I don't own Fairy Tail, because if I did, there would be a whole bunch of little blond Natsus running around!

--------------------------------

Romeo, Happy, Carla, and Pantherlily were in the pool. They were playing a game of Marco Polo, and Romeo was 'it'. He almost caught Happy but was interrupted when he felt a soft tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see Wendy waving at him.

"Romeo-san! Can I join you guys?" Wendy asked.

"Y-yeah! Sure! I'm 'it' so I'll give you ten seconds to hide!" Romeo scratched his head. He usually wasn't this nervous around Wendy. They were close friends.

"Okay. But I'm warning you, I'm pretty good at this game!" Wendy replied as she dove underwater laughing.

Romeo closed his eyes and counted to ten.

---- o(ω' )o ----

"Natsu! Could you put me down?" Lucy asked frantically as Natsu lifted her even higher.

Somewhere in the distance, Mirajane and Lisanna were snapping and printing pictures of them. "Nalu!" they hissed and squealed.

"What the heck are you doing?" asked a confused Levy.

"Nothing much, just shipping Nalu." Mira said. Levy giggled and joined them.

"Natsuuuu!" Lucy screamed as she was thrown into the pool. Natsu was laughing hysterically. She resurfaced and scolded him.

"Natsu that wasn't funny!" Lucy pouted. Natsu laughed even harder. She climbed out of the pool. Natsu walked up to her, his onyx his eyes seemed to be lighter than they usually were. He had a serious expression on his face.

"Lucy... I need to tell you something. I'm actually in..."

---- o(ω' )o ----

"Marco!" Romeo called.

"Polo!" The others replied. Pantherlily climbed out of the pool.

"Swimming away from mages can be tiring. I'm going for some kiwi juice." Pantherlily declared. The others followed. Happy needed to refresh his hunger with a fish. Carla was feeling up for kiwi juice as well. Romeo and Wendy were left alone.

"Marco!" Romeo called again.

"Polo!" Wendy responded. She was cornered. Romeo was just about to grab for her until she dove down under him.

"I thought I heard her around here," Romeo thought.

Wendy laughed and grabbed onto Romeo's ankle and dragged him down. Romeo was taken by surprise and held his breath. The two teens were at the bottom of the pool, Wendy staring intently at Romeo, with a hint of playfulness in her eyes, which were now an ice blue color. He took notice to that.

"Romeo-channnn," Wendy giggled. She swam closer to him.

Romeo was confused. Wendy usually said 'san' after his name. Wendy leaned in, grabbed Romeo's wrists, tilted her head to the side and stuck her tongue out. Romeo just stared, but realized that he was running out of breath. He barely managed to escape Wendy's tight grip and swam to the top. Wendy resurfaced as well, and her eyes turned back to their usual ocean blue color.

The exceeds came back just in time, fully refreshed.

"Happy, you're supposed to wait until you're fully digested before entering the pool!" Carla exclaimed.

"But, fish is so delicious, and I can't wait to swim!" Happy declared.

Romeo sighed and looked back to Wendy. She was laughing with Carla.

"Hey Wendy-nee," Romeo walked up to her and they sat down.

---- o(ω' )o ----

"Huh? Natsu?" Lucy asked. Natsu put his hand on her shoulder.

"I've wanted to tell you that I'm..." Natsu started.

"I-I'm..." Natsu seemed nervous.

"What is it?"

"I-I-I'm, I'm in," "I-I am in,"

"Spit it out!" Lucy demanded.

"I'm in serious need of food. Lets get something to eat!" Natsu exclaimed happily. He took Lucy's hand and dragged her towards the snack bar. Lucy took her free hand and facepalmed.

"Why didn't you say so before?!" Lucy asked.

"I dunno. I somehow couldn't get the words out of my mouth. My heart was pounding like crazy for some reason." Natsu laughed nervously. Lucy blushed.

"You really are dense, baka." Lucy whispered to herself.

---- o(ω' )o ----

"Wendy-nee," Romeo started. He and Wendy were sitting down at a table.

"Yes Romeo-san?" Wendy replied.

"Back at the pool,"

"Yeah I know, that was weird of me." Wendy answered. "I just felt the urge to call you Romeo-chan..." she said quietly. She put her head down on the table and didn't talk for a while. She finally gathered the courage to apologize.

"Gomenasai Romeo-san!"

"Well, I mean," Romeo said. "I didn't really mind,"

Wendy looked up at him, her eyes back to that ice blue color. She leaned over the table to get closer to his face and smiled at him. She picked up a strand of his hair and started to play with it, but immediately stopped and her eyes changed back to normal.

"I'm sorry again, Romeo-san! I don't know what I'm doing." Wendy apologized and backed away.

"It's fine. You didn't mean to. Let's play a game with Natsu-nii and the others!" Romeo smiled at her. Wendy nodded as he took her hand. They ran off towards Natsu and Lucy.

--------------------------------

Second chapter done! What do you think of the story so far? Lots of RoWen goin on ^v^

Please vote, follow, and comment!

-Puffin-chan •v•