Chapter I: Dragon Season?

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail sadly, because if I did, all of these ships would have set sail! •v•
---------------------------------------------------

"Oi! Wanna go flamebrain?!"

"Yeah Ice Princess!"

"Slanty eyes!"

"Perverted Popsicle!"

It was a normal day at the guild, Natsu and Gray were fighting as usual. Everyone was in their swimsuits enjoying the pool. Happy, Carla, and Pantherlily were splashing around. Cana was drinking barrels. Droy was chowing down on a hamburger. All was peaceful, but then, there was a loud crash at the door. Once the smoke and dust cleared, there was Sabertooth, represented by Sting, Yukino, Rogue, Frosch, and Lecter. And there was also Kagura, who decided to stop by.

"We're here to join the party!" screamed Sting.

"Fro thinks so too," Frosch added.

They all canon balled into the pool, causing a giant wave to crash down on the entire guild. Erza was happily eating her strawberry cake before she, and more importantly, her cake, got drenched by the wave. The cake flowed away into the pool.

"My cake," Erza muttered. She stood up and gave a death glare to the entire guild.

"Somebody is going to die." she declared coldly and the whole guild shuddered. She yelled a battle cry and charged.

Eventually everyone got into one huge brawl. The Fairy Tail girls were talking, and ignoring the fight. Yukino and Kagura had come to join them. Somewhere in the middle of the commotion, Elfman screamed 'Man up'. Gray was spewing Ice Geysers everywhere. The whole pool froze. One of them had hit Gajeel. He started to punch Gray with his iron arm.

But all of a sudden, Gajeel stopped to sniff the air. So did the rest of the dragonslayers. Their heads turned to a specific person. Natsu turned to Lucy, who was confused. Gajeel turned to look at Levy who was reading a book, and completely oblivious of what was happening, until Gajeel had let out a tiny high pitched 'Gihi'. Wendy turned to Romeo, who was talking to his dad, until he caught Wendy's stare and their eyes locked. Laxus turned to Mirajane, who was giving Erza a new piece of cake. Sting turned to Yukino, and she stared right back at him, confused as well. Rogue looked at Kagura with cold eyes.

Wendy eyed Romeo like a hawk and licked her lips, revealing her fangs that were longer and more sharp. Each dragonslayer started to look more and more like a dragon, with scales on the sides of their faces, arms, and legs. But after a few moments, the dragonslayers returned back to normal and continued to do what they were doing before. The girls plus Romeo were all creeped out. They huddled into a group, trying to get as far as they could from the dragonslayers.

"Levy-chan," Lucy whisper-yelled. "What's wrong with them?"

"I'm sure I've read about it somewhere in a book," Levy answered. "I think it's the Dragon Season."

"Dragon season?" Romeo asked.

"It's when dragonslayers, um, are really attracted to their chosen mate," Levy replied, her face was as red as Erza's hair.

Mira laughed evilly. "Operation OTP is underway." she whispered to herself, but all of them could hear her.

"So does that mean Wendy chose-" Romeo started.

"YES. Of course she chose you!" Mira yelled. Romeo blushed. "Didn't you see the way she was staring at you?" Mira giggled. The girls 'awed' at Romeo as he continued to blush even more. Mira was the loudest. But then she realized that Laxus had been staring at her, which meant...

She lowered her voice.

"Oh yeah! I forgot." Levy continued. "I also read that the dragonslayers will do anything to get ahold of their mate and mark them. A.k.a us."

"So what are we gonna do if that happens?" Kagura asked.

"Maybe we could build a fortress and hide in it. We could secure it with Freed's runes!" Romeo exclaimed.

"That might not be a bad idea," Lucy said.

"And how will they mark us, Levy-sama?" Yukino asked.

"I don't know, but let's just say that would be a bad thing." Levy said quietly. The rest of the group nodded and looked around. The dragonslayers were surely back to normal.

"So we build a fort and hide," Lucy repeated.

"Yup, I guess that's our plan." Levy answered.

The group nodded and separated to go enjoy the day.

---- o(ω' )o ----

(Time skip 1 hour)

Everyone was still at the pool, full of energy. Levy was gone for a while, but she came back holding an old red book.

"Hey Lu-chan! I found the book!" Levy called to Lucy who was reading a magazine.

"Oh that's great! Now we'll know what'll happen in full detail." Lucy exclaimed.

Levy started to read out loud. "It says, 'The Dragon Season. The time of year dragons and dragonslayers are very attracted to their mate, which they will have to choose. Dragons mate for life, and dragonslayers gain that trait. Their goal is to mark their mate by the end of the season. Some effects of the dragon season are:
- mood swings
- having a dragon like appearance
- eyes changing color
- strange behaviour
After the season is finished, the dragons and dragonslayers will turn completely back to normal and won't remember anything that happened, unless they have already marked their mate.'"

"So it's like, they're on their periods or something?" Lucy asked. Levy laughed.

"I guess." Levy answered.

Just then, Gajeel walked up to Levy. Lucy elbowed her and smiled.

"Gihihihi!" Gajeel laughed.

"Huh? Oh! Gajeel? What's so funny?" Levy asked.

"Shrimp!" Gajeel pat her head and giggled. Levy stepped back, very confused.

"Nani?! Gajeel, are you okay?" Levy asked.

"Me? Okay? Yeah! I've never felt better! Gihihi!" Gajeel giggled.

"Is he drunk or something?" Lucy whispered.

"Possibly, but I think it's an effect of the season." Levy answered. Gajeel glomped her.

"G-Gajeel! Could you please get off me?" Levy cried desperately. She was getting crushed by his weight.

"Aww Shrimp, you're no fun. Gajeel pouted and skipped away.

"Well that was something." Lucy grinned evilly at Levy.

"Lu-chan!" Levy whined and blushed profusely.

--------------------------------

How was the first chapter? A little Gale for everyone! *throws sparkles*

-Fluffledpuffin :P