Chapter IX: National Nalu Day

WHAT 3K READS MKAY WHATT
AHHHHHH

Here's another update yay :3
I'll just put the disclaimer in the description or whatever because ya know, my name isn't Hiro Mashima :P

Just before we start the story, I have decided to make a definition section for anyone who watches Fairy Tail dubbed in English :)

---- o(`ω' )o ----

Definitions (Japanese to English):
Baka = Stupid
Matte = Wait
Oi = Hey
Etto = Um

On with the story! ☆~(ゝ。∂)
--------------------------------
(Time skip: 1 day)

Lucy opened her eyes and stretched her arms. She sat up and checked her clock. It was currently the middle of the night, and she didn't get much sleep these past nights because Natsu wouldn't leave her alone.

"Well, that's not really a bad thing," she thought. "No, baka! What are you talking about?" she slapped her forehead lightly. She thought she heard Happy's evil voice at the back of her head.

'Don't deny your feelings, Lushee! You lllllike him!' It purred.

Lucy shivered at that thought and laid back down. She stretched her arm out and rested it near her stomach, but she immediately pulled it back up. She felt something quite fluffy underneath the covers and decided to feel it again. Lucy ruffled the object once more with a perplexed look on her face.

"What could this be?" she thought and she lifted the blanket up, to reveal a peaceful-looking sleeping Natsu.

"NATSUUU," Lucy growled as she grabbed her whip, with a fiery aura around her. She was used to having Natsu sneak into her room at night, but during the Dragon Season, he snuck in more frequently.

"You'll pay!" she screamed as she raised her whip.

"Lushee," he mumbled in his sleep and she immediately stopped.

"Is he having a dream about me?" she questioned.

Natsu turned and grabbed her legs in for a hug, which brought her down. Lucy blushed furiously.

---- o(`ω' )o ----

Natsu felt like he needed Lucy at all times. He felt vulnerable, and scared. He couldn't help it, his dragon instincts were distorting his thoughts and clouding his head, he couldn't think straight.

"I'm always thinking about Lucy now, it's weird," Natsu stupidly thought.

He snuck into Lucy's bed, so he could satisfy his 'dragon needs'. Natsu dreamt that Lucy was leaving the guild.

~~~~~

Meanwhile in Natsu's dream...

"Lucy, you can't do this. Everyone will miss you. Es-Especially me," he said. He never stuttered in front of her in his regular state.

"I'm sorry Natsu, but I have to." Lucy turned and started to walk away, bags in hand.

"Lucy, wait!" he called after her. "Lushee!" he ran, grabbed her arm and pulled her into a tight hug. Well, at the very least, in his dream. Lucy dropped her bags, they landed with a 'thud'.

"Lucy, you can't leave," he pleaded. "You can't leave us. You can't leave me."

"Natsu," she was awestruck and paused for a moment She looked down at her feet. "We're best friends right?"

"Nani?" Natsu let go of her and blanked out. "Just best friends?!" He drifted away comically and melted into a puddle. "I've... Been... Friendzoned..." he whispered.