16. Family over Everything

★★★__________

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a Mystery but today is a gift, That is why it is called present
__________★★★

We're at the Sixteenth chapter. Sigh. Happy birthday to you Davido. Sending you love and light!

The song for this chapter is 'In my mind' by BNXN.

Enjoy.

FAREED's POV

"You know that you are meant to be Crowned prince instead of that stupid son of your father's second wife and you still talk to him!" Mother yelled on the phone.

"Mother, he's my brother. Don't try to bring that useless rivalry between you and Dad's second wife to us his children," I replied Mom while I rolled my eyes.

To everyone, Mom and Dad's second wife were very peaceful but that was a very big lie. My father's Two wives were like a Cat and dog. Thier bone of Contention was the throne-my father's throne.

Nouman, my elder brother was a week older than I was and that alone caused trouble in the house. My mother was the first wife and she had four girls before I was born.

When my Dad married his second wife, she became pregnant at the same time with my mom but the second wife gave birth before my Mom did so he became the Heir apparent.

I wasn't even interested in the throne in the first place. Being a prince is enough for me.

"... ko kana sha'awar wannan karagar kwata-kwata?" [Are you even interested in this throne at all] Mom questioned

"Na gaya muku ba na sha'awar" [ I've told you I'm not interested] I replied nonchalantly.

"Haba, dole ne ku yi sha'awar. Kin fita hayyacinki Fareed?" [Haba, you must be interested. Are you out of your mind Fareed] Mom queried as she raised the tone of her voice.

"Duk abinda kikeso inna kenan Umma?" [Is that all you wanted to say Mom] I asked mom keeping my voice very calm to intentionally rile her up.

"Baki da mutunci Fareed. Shin kana yiwa mahaifiyarka wannan tambayar!" She yelled. [You lack respect Fareed. Are you asking your mother that question]

By her tone and choice of words, you could tell that she was already angry and oh, how easy it was to rile my Mom up.

"Mother, I was busy before you called me. If that's all let me call you later." I said which made her even more angry.

"Ubanki!" she cursed as I chuckled lightly.

"Umma, You just cursed your husband in front of- " I started as she cut me short.

"Shut up your mouth there. I will still call you back!" she concluded as I rolled my eyes.

"Bye mom," I told her as I waited for some minutes so she could hang up.

It was considered insulting to hang up on your mother even though you both are done talking.

Culture