24c. Home

__________★★★

Just put a bandage on those scars. There's no reason to be held by failure, you can beat all of the odds.

★★★__________

You all have no Idea how long I have waited to write this chapter and here's a fun fact, when I envisioned this scene in my head, ‘Welcome home’ by JayMikee rang in my ears and the song hadn't even been released then.

The songs for this chapter are:

1. Welcome home by JayMikee
2. Home by Johnny Drille and The Cavemen
3. Journey of our lives by Johnny Drille and Adekunle Gold.

Enjoy. 

KAM'S POV

Fresh air and blue clouds. The government planned roads and houses, The Zero traffic, Aesthetics and the busy streets, The Green trees and the City Gate.

Heaven knows how much I missed it all.

Abuja had a different feeling attached to it. It had that different aura. Everything screamed home.

But then, I couldn't shake the feeling of uneasiness off. No matter how I have truly healed, I couldn't shake that feeling off that people would look at me differently but then, people's opinion about me doesn't matter.

Their opinions doesn't matter. It doesn't matter.

Many thoughts ran through my mind as we drove into The Andrews Mansion.

Everything had changed. There were a new set of Security officials who probably didn't know who I was or maybe they did but they chose to be calm.

"I'm here to see Mrs Andrews. Can I go in?" I asked as they brought a scanner to scan our car and our bodies.

"You guys can go in but he'll follow you," The security guard said as I nodded my head and walked into the house.

As I walked into the house, The familiar scent engulfed my nostrils. The look of the house had changed a whole lot and there were new maids.

There were different paintings and artworks lying at different corners if the room and the Viola was replaced with a beautiful Grand Piano.

"Wow!" Mr Nnanna exclaimed as I let out a small smile and led them to the Elevator.

"This house is a Mansion!" Mrs Nnanna muttered as I chuckled. "Mr Andrews is the third Richest man in Nigeria, abi?" She asked as I nodded my head.

"Yes, he is," I replied.

I opened the door to my parents room and I found my Dad working on his laptop. My mom was already dressed for work and immediately she saw me, her face lit up in a smile.

"Kambili," she called out. She walked over to my side and engulfed me in a hug with a smile on her face.

"She came to get a few clothes. Don't be surprised," Dad said coldly and immediately Mom's smile dropped.