43a. Pretzels

___________°°°°°°°°°°

We are all beautiful stardust particles

°°°°°°°°°°__________

The song for this chapter is Holy Ghost by Omah lay because I've been listening to it throughout this period of no phone and it's highly therapeutic. I'd recommend it to anyone.

P.S. There's a picture of pretzels above

Enjoy.

DAVID'S POV

"Kamnele, I need you to get these items from the Market quickly!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

We had successfully finished our first term examination today and and our school had announced that we would have our annual Christmas Party tomorrow.

"Mom, I just finished my exams and I need to rest," I groaned. I stood up from my bed and put on some Clothes as quickly as I could before walking downstairs.

My mom looked better and healthuer after her surgery and it always made me smile. Sometimes I wondered how It would be like if I lost her but I tried not to ponder too much on that.

"My Pretzels should be Sea-Salted. That is the only flavour I want to eat and don't get me red apples because I love my apples green." My mom warned as she handed the list to me.

My mum had some Whisked eggs and milk in clear bowl and in another, she had something which would like an avocado pudding

"Let me guess, you're trying out a new food Combination?" I asked. My mom nodded her head with a small smile as she scooped out the yolks and separated them from the egg whites.

"I'm making Avocado Sour Cream." she said, opening the Kitchen cabinet and bringing some lemons out.

"Thank you for reminding me to stay out long. Good luck with your cooking Mom." I said, giving her a quick peck on her cheek and rushing out of the house.

My mom had a habit of trying out wicked food combinations and recipes and I was always at the recieving endd because she always forced me to eat them with her.

One time, She made Pepperoni Ice Cream and after I took it, I became sick for one full mouth. She once made a sardine smoothie by mixing eggs, sardine and milk together. I vomitted immediately I smelt it but I had to take it to make her feel happy.

The supermarket was a bit far from my house so it took me some time to get there. The receptionist was quite different from the fair lady who normally attended to me when I came over but I still greeted her with a smile.

I had successfully picked up everything on the list except the pretzels. When I got to the section they were located in, I scanned through for them and just when I found it, someone picked them it of the section

"That pretzel-" The remaining words died in my mouth as I turned to look at the person holding the pretzel.

She was clad in an Oversize hoodie and some Joggers. I was sure that If I wore that hoodie, It would still not be fitting to my size.

"Ini, what are you doing here?" I asked her, taking a deep breath.

Her nails were wrapped around the pretzels so tight that I feared they could burst and spill out. I also noticed that her nails were natural for the first time ever.