32. Vile people touch without consent

..........

People cry, not because they're weak but because they've been strong for too long
..........

This chapter bah, y'all are not going to like it at all. I'm apologizing sef.

This is the third part of the Collab with Moroti_Writes for this chapter is ‘DITR’ by Ayra Starr.

Enjoy ✨

MIRANDA'S POV

Dami was the group leader and he had advised everyone in the group to take pictures. The best pictures will be picked and we had all agreed.

I had walked around the University, looking for beautiful things to take pictures of and it made me appreciate nature even more.

After Dami had talked to me about the beauty of nature, I began to see everything single thing he said.

"Hey, fine girl," Someone catcalled. It was already getting darker and I wanted to get the pictures of the sunset so that was why I was still out.

"Fine girl, answer me, nah," The voice said which made me cringe internally.

I could feel the presence of the person come closer. I turned back and looked at him.

I couldn't tell his skin color but his hair was packed in a small bun and he had a little beard coming out from his face.

He was a fine man but he irritated me.

"Fine girl. What's your name?" He said, walking closer to my side.

"Thank God you know my name is not fine girl. I'll appreciate it if you leave. I'm trying to take pictures." I told him, making sure my voice sounded very firm.

"I know how to take pictures too. Can I help?" He asked me which made me roll my eyes at his stubbornness and stupidity.

Omo, this man is stubborn o!

"You can't help me in Jesus name. Just get out!" I told him as he grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him.

"Are you mad?! Let go of me!" I yelled as I tried to wriggle myself of his hold but he pushed me closer to himself.

"Let-t g-go of me!" I yelled. At this point, my voice had already lost its usual confidence and I was scared.

I was scared because there was already no one in sight, it was already late in the night and no matter how I would scream, I was far away from the hostel.

"Just be calm, darling," he said, bringing his face closer to mine. I could feel his hands grope my butt a bit.

"S-stop, please," I begged, trying to wriggle out of his hold. He put his hand forcefully inside my crop top and groped my boob as I bit his hand aggressively.

He staggered a bit and left me alone. I used that as an opportunity to run away. I left all my equipments and just kept running.

I could feel tears falling from my eyes but I tried my best to keep them in while chanting millions of times in my brain that I was not weak.

Miranda, you are not weak.

Memories, that I tried to suppress filled up my memory. I took deep breaths while still quickening my pace.

At this point, I didn't even know where I was running to or where I was headed. I just wanted to sink into the ground and disappear or turn into a non-living thing.