Chapter 11

Some friends aren't just friends, they're family

I expected to see the wrecked bus when Jackson and I pulled into the school parking lot. Which, by the way, I find odd.

Why would you just let school go on when there has been an accident at school. A school bus full of the bus driver's blood is kind of messed up. That's not something people want to see. I mean, it can even be traumatic for some.

When I got out of the car I did indeed see the bus. Surprisingly, it didn't look as bloody though. Although that can also just be because I don't remember the details that well.

I don't really know what to think about this. I can't really feel bad for the driver. Garrison Myers used his position as an insurance adjuster to cover up the fact that Kate and her stupid gang of assholes had committed arson. He helped someone burn an entire family. I think it's just his karma.

"I'll see you at lunch, princess." Jackson says as he gives me a quick kiss on the cheek and starts walking towards his class.

Yeah, I guess you wouldn't want to be late for Harris' class. That could be a disaster.

-------------------------------

I walked into the cafeteria with Allison, fortunately she's also still alive. I mean, with all these changes, you never know what's going to happen.

While looking for my other friends I saw Jackson already sitting at the table with Stiles and Scott. Aww, I didn't even have to drag Jackson to the table.

I grabbed Allison's arm and pulled her with me towards them. "Hey guys." I smile at them as I sit in the chair next to Stiles.

Scott and Jackson give me a smile in return, after which Scott removes his bag from the chair so that Allison can sit next to him.

I look at Stiles after I haven't heard him say anything yet. I see him looking at me with wide eyes while he's trying to stutter out a greeting.

Shouldn't he already be used to me sitting next to him?

"Are you okay?" I ask him quietly as Danny and some other people I don't know join us at the table.

"Ye-yeah, I'm fine...I'm great." he smiles nervously while looking over to Scott with wide eyes. Scott looks back at Stiles with amusement.

"So I hear they're saying it's some type of animal attack. Probably a cougar." Danny told us.

"I heard mountain lion." Jackson added.

"A cougar is a mountain lion." I informed proudly.

I never really understood why she pretended to be so dumb. Lydia was a freaking genius. Being smart is like super awesome. Sometimes you know things that some people don't know. Do you know how great an advantage that is? Like that molotov cocktail, that worked. I mean, it was a little mean that they kept trying to set Peter on fire.