Chapter 17

You'll never feel like you're alone

You'll never feel like you're alone. I'll make this feel like home.

Pain.

That's all Lydia could feel.

Her head was pounding along with every beat of her heart. The pain, it reminded her of when she was back at her father's house.

She feels a warm liquid running down her face, a metallic smell reaching her nose. Blood.

Well, at least that would explain the pain.

Then a sound caught her ears. The sound of a liquid dripping onto the floor right next to her. Drop after drop after drop.

Drops of blood splattered on the floor. The hard floor breaking the perfect round shape. The falling drops creating a slow rhythm. Like the first raindrops before the storm.

Was it all just a dream? Was it all just some stupid hallucination due to too much blood loss? What about Jackson? Will she never see him again? She didn't even get a chance to say goodbye.

She knew it was too good to be true. How could anyone ever love someone like her.

The sound of footsteps coming towards her brought her out of her thoughts.

Was that her father? Was she really going to die this time?

Lydia was scared.

No, she was terrified.

She didn't want this anymore. She didn't want to see her father anymore. He terrified her so much. All she could wish for was that he wouldn't leave her in pain for too long.

Lydia's hands began to shake as she heard the footsteps get even closer.

She forced her eyelids open, straining against the heaviness weighing them down.

White.

That's all she saw at first.

The ceiling, the walls, everything was white.

If it weren't for the pain, she would have definitely thought she was in heaven.

Was she in the hospital? But why? Her father never took her to a hospital.

"Finally awake I see."

Lydia quickly turned her head towards the voice, a whimper escaped from her mouth as she felt a sharp pain through her head.

Her heart began to beat faster in panic when she saw who was standing in front of her.

"Jennifer?"

-----------------------------------------

"Jennifer?" Jackson asked Peter confused, having missed the conversation they had about Jennifer before he called. "What do you mean? What does the bitchy nurse have to do with Lydia?"