Chapter 18

A kiss is the fastest cure for pain

Lydia woke up to something moving right next to her. She felt soft breathing against both her neck and her face.

All she saw when she opened her eyes was a plaid fabric. A burgundy red with dark blue stripes and thin white stripes in between them, creating a checkered pattern.

Lydia recognized the pattern. It was the pattern of the flannel Stiles was wearing yesterday. Lydia really liked that flannel, she thought it was very pretty.

Lydia looked up slowly to take in more of her surroundings.

Stiles was laying next to her on her right side. Her head was pressed against his chest, her nose slightly brushing against his when she tried to look up at him.

His eyes were closed, his cheeks lightly flushed and his lips were turned into a small, almost unnoticeable smile.

He was still asleep.

One of his arms was loosely wrapped around Lydia's waist while the other one was holding onto her hand.

When she looked down at their clasped hands, she noticed that there was another hand present in their grasp.

She turned her head to see Jackson laying behind her. Also still asleep. His hair was slightly messy from sleeping.

They were still laying on the couch. The blanket that was previously wrapped around Lydia by Jackson was now loosely draped over all three.

Lydia was laying in between Jackson and Stiles. Jackson lay with his back against the backrest of the couch. Lydia lay next to him, her back against his chest.

Stiles lay on the edge of the couch, pressed tightly against Lydia so he wouldn't fall off the couch.

Lydia smiled to herself as she looked at them. How did she get so lucky to be here? She would have never dared to even imagine that she would ever lie between two amazing people. Let alone two people from a tv show. Especially Jackson and Stiles. Who would have ever thought that Stiles and Jackson would ever cuddle with each other.

Lydia very carefully and quietly crept under Jackson and Stiles's arms. She wanted to make breakfast for them. They took care of her yesterday, now she will take care of them.

Jackson was so sweet to her last night. He was very comforting and was so careful with her. Lydia wasn't used to that. She was always alone. She always had to clean her injuries herself, and just in one night she suddenly had people who looked after her and she also suddenly had a lot of people who she cared about now.

Her new mom, which she felt a little guilty about. She never really knew her real mother because she passed away when Lydia was really young. She always wondered what it would be like if her mother hadn't died. Would her father be nicer to her? Would both her parents love her? Would they have been a happy family? It was something she often thought about.