Chapter 14

I'm in love with you and all your little things

Lydia's POV

So, the video store accident didn't happen. That's a really good sign, right? That means that Peter no longer listens to Jennifer. I wonder if he's going to talk to Derek soon.

That also means nothing happened to Jackson.

Jackson is safe.

I hope Peter is okay though. Nurse Jennifer was very threatening towards Peter. And she tore up my drawing. That's just rude.

Tonight . I didn't really need to be there but I wanted to be there. Jackson told me he was going to practice lacrosse, and I remembered that on the show he got very frustrated and sad.

I don't want him to be alone when he's sad.

I was walking across the field looking for Jackson when I saw him throw balls at the tree. Trying to hit a spot he marked on the tree. As I got closer I saw tears of frustration in his eyes.

His movements became more and more frantic until he angrily threw away his lacrosse stick and fell to the ground. Tears escape from his eyes as he sobs.

"Jack." I whispered softly, afraid he would shut me out after seeing him so vulnerable.

He looks up at me, tears running down his cheeks. His eyes filled with multiple emotions.

I rush over to him and crouch down in front of him. I was about to comfort him when he suddenly grabbed me tightly and pulled me onto his lap.

"Please." he whimpered.

"Please don't leave me." he cries against my chest.

"I'll never leave you, Jackson. Never." I say as I almost start to cry along with him.

His sobs slowly quiet down as we sit there peacefully, hugging each other in silence.

-----------------------------------

Third POV

Jackson has always felt lonely.

He knew that his adoptive parents loved him very much but he couldn't help it. He always felt that something was missing from his life.

Jackson so often heard people tell children that they act exactly like their parents. But no one ever said that to Jackson.

Jackson never knew what his parents were like so he never really knew who he was supposed to be.

Jackson always found the parent-teacher conferences the hardest part. It sometimes felt more like the teacher was talking about him to 2 strangers.

He really loved his adoptive parents but he always wanted his real parents to be there and know how well he was doing at school.