Chapter 19

Took the breath from my open mouth

"Where do you think Peter and Derek are?" Lydia asked, fidgeting with her too-long sleeves. 

She was wearing a fresh set of clothes that Jackson had given her in the morning. Lydia had actually wanted to change into her own clothes when she found out that Jackson had a drawer in his closet where 'Lydia' kept some of her clothes for when she stayed over at Jackson's. But when she was about to grab some clothes from that drawer, Jackson stopped her from doing so.

Lydia was laying on Jackson's bed, waiting for Jackson and Stiles to come back. Jackson was taking a quick shower in the bathroom attached to his bedroom, while Stiles was taking a shower in the guest bathroom. Lydia was counting the little stars printed on a blanket that was covering the bed when Jackson's closet caught her eye. Would he mind if she took out some clothes to wear?

Lydia walked over to the closet, which was still open from when Jackson had taken out some clothes for Stiles. As she was about to get a really pretty emerald green soft-looking sweater out of the closet, Lydia heard a door open behind her.

Lydia turned to see Stiles standing there by the door. His cheeks were slightly tinged red from the hot shower he had just had. He was wearing the clothes Jackson had given him. Black jeans with a dark gray sweater. Jackson's clothes fit him almost perfectly. Although Stiles was a little taller than Jackson, Jackson was more muscular than Stiles.

"Stiles!" Lydia greeted him with a happy smile. Lydia thought he looked really cute. Well, Lydia always thought he looked cute. She loved how Stiles would smile so softly at her. He always smiled at her like she was the most important thing in his life.

"Lydia." Stiles smiled back at her. His eyes lit up when he saw her smiling sweetly at him. He was surprised by how happy Lydia looked when he walked into the room. His heart fluttered at the feeling that Lydia would be that happy to see him.

Stiles had thought about a lot of things during his shower. From the first time Lydia had spoken to him, to yesterday when he had fallen asleep next to Lydia and Jackson. Stiles still couldn't really believe what had happened. Just like the group hug the three of them had. Stiles' father had told him what happened with the mountain lion. The way Lydia just picked up his gun from the ground and shot it into the air. Stiles never thought he could love Lydia more than he already did, but the moment Stiles heard that she saved his father from a car that was about to hit him, it seemed like his feelings for her grew a thousand times stronger. So, when he got to school the next day, he mustered up the courage and made his way to Lydia as quickly as possible to give her a hug to thank her. The hug was so comfortable and warm that he couldn't resist hugging her again. But then, he was startled by Jackson walking towards them.

Stiles was really nervous. What would Jackson do to him if he saw Stiles hugging his girlfriend. He would definitely beat him up, wouldn't he? But then he pulled both him and Lydia into a hug and the feeling it gave Stiles was barely describable.