New Moon.

- 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 -

Two siblings forever apart,

the sun was outgoing, open, active, optimistic and cheerful. The spirit of 'positive feelings,'

he was liked by the villagers and even those from far away, he could be found often with the people.

While the moon was the opposite, alone, to themselves, calm and pessimistic. Yet while still being kind-hearted: he wasn't well-liked by the people. Scolded, shouted, and screamed at when the sun wasn't there.

Why was that? Because he's the guardian of the negative side of the tree. Although no one ever travelled for his apples it made him feel jealous but he wouldn't ever say that aloud. 

The abuse of the villagers got worse, the verbal abuse turned physical and each day it got worse... but the moon would never tell the sun.

The sun slowly noticed the strange behaviours of the moon and questioned him though he answered by saying that he fell or that he accidentally hit the tree too hard.

On days they were together everything seemed fine but on those days that the sun wasn't present the moon turned distant, the sun began to be afraid to mention it.

'Nighty, join me! Let's play together with the villagers!'

The moon refused to say: 'Nono, I'm fine you don't have to worry. You can go without me!'

'Okay... If you insist...' 

Worried that if the moon went with the sun the villagers would turn on the sun too. At some point, the moon was convinced that he could take care of his brother's apples too. Tempted at that idea, he wanted to prove himself so he finally...

took it.

The skies turned dark and the land lost its fertility. The people protested, full of rage shouting disgusting words that no one wishes to hear from groups of people. The sun tried to calm the people down but instead, it added more to the fire.

The people screamed that he had to eat his own apples and hesitantly the moon listened. A disgusting layer of black goop covered him and tentacles sprouted out. And the people were slayed but the sun was spared, the moon didn't notice that at the chance the sun took the last golden apple and hid it while the tree- his mother Nim's fragments were absorbed.

The sun faced him but the moon left him alone. Opening a portal that the sun had never seen. 

'Nighty! Please, where are you going?!'

'This world, I can see the truth now, the truth of our identity and outside of here.'

'What do you mean?' the sun asked hopelessly 'I don't understand!'

'Of course, you don't. This place is nothing to compare to what is outside here.'

'Wa- what?' The portal was fully opened and the new moon turned around. 'DON'T LEAVE ME PLEASE!' the sun cried out. The new moon didn't waver at his cries, though whispered caring.

'Though do not worry, we'll meet each other soon.'

The portal closed and left a strange particle. The sun froze at place to take in what happened in a span of surely ten minutes. His brother, his friends, his home, and his mother completely gone. The sun finally touched the strange particle and a new world opened. There he fell on his knees hearing nearby footsteps, he looks up and another Sans looked back at him. On his cheek was a splash of ink and he wore mostly brown-white clothes.

'Now, now, what brings you here in my abode?'

- 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 -