Happy New Year III (Finale)

It was still early when we headed out, around 9:30, so everything was calm and quiet the birds were singing and since it was a Sunday there were close to no cars on the streets.
"It turned into a habit taking me to places without telling where they are. I wouldn't be surprised if you kidnapped me one day."
"Jokes on you, I already did." He commented and winked at me.
"It's not that bad being kidnapped by you." I slowly clasp his hand together with mine. He looks to the sky to avoid my gaze, even though I'm aware of that i still laugh out loud:
"Koko, you're so cute when you're trying not to look embarrassed."
My only answer was him squeezing my hand harder, I'm pretty happy with just this.
"Here we are!" Koko beams as we approach a pastry. "This place has the best breakfast menu ever and the best part is that it probably is empty because today's New Year's Eve!"
It's always refreshing to see him this excited.
We enter the place and sat down next to the window. Just as Koko predicted it was empty. It was a well maintained place with an overall cozy vibe. Koko ordered one meal for the both of us, quite romantic. Almost like a date...
After talking for a bit, Koko puts his hand above mind and sneakily slides a ring in my finger.
"I was supposed to give it to you later but I couldn't wait, you look so beautiful right now..."
He grabs my hand and kisses it sweetly. At that moment I wanted to grab his cheeks and kiss him but I couldn't, I had to wait.
"Thank you Kokonoi, you really hadn't to, you already did so much for me, I don't know how I can thank you.."
"Just keep smiling, that's all I ask." He cheekly beamed at me. I avoid looking at him and instead stare at a strawberry cake. "I'll go buy the cake and then let's head home, ok?" He stands up and walks up to the counter.
As we are leaving one of the employees congratulates us on the engagement, making Koko uncontrollably laugh and turning me into a tomato.

***

We walk through some shops to get ingredients and food, we ended up losing track of time and when we got home it was already around 8pm. It's now that'll put my plan into practice. I text Takemichi to iniciante the scheme. Moments after I text him, Koko's phone rings.
"Who is it?" I ask trying to not sound suspicious.
"Takemichi...Hello?"
"Hi Kokonoi, I called you because I need your help to find a present for Hina. Is Inuit also there?" Takemichi asks through the phone, just like it was scripted.
"Yeah, he is, give me a sec." Koko gives me a worried look and I calmly reply with a:
"Don't worry, there's plenty of time before midnight."
"Then are you coming with me?"
"I'm sorry, I'm out of energy."
"Ok, I'll come back as soon as I can." With that he closes the door, still on the phone with Takemichi.
"Now I just have to prepare everything." I lazily sigh.

***
KOKONOI, DECEMBER 31, 11:49PM

"Fuck I'm so late, I'm sorry Inui!" I scream as I open the front door, but I'm welcomed with a dark room. Did he go to sleep? Did he give up? Why do I always ruin this stuff... But, why does it smell so good, I turn up the light and the living room table is full of food, the room is fully decorated with tones of red.
"Heck you're already home!" A familiar voice complains from behind me. It was Inui, he was panting and had a bouquet of lotuses in his hands.
"Well what are you doing in the door step, let's come in." He commands pulling my hand towards the entrance.
"I'm sorry I got home late, you didn't need to do this, specially all alone." It seems like my sentence made him giggle.
"I should be the one apologizing After all, i was the one who told Takemichi to call you."
"You planned all of this? You didn't have to, how can I pay you back? You cooked so much food!" I start panicking because being a bother is the last thing I want to be for Inupi.
"The only way you can repay me is by going to the balcony." He demandingly said. And I do as he says, minutes after he appears with two glasses of champagne. He hands me one of them and stares into my eyes. For some reason, his eyes looked different, still as pretty and blue as always but today, they seemed bitter, but still hopeful and determinated. I could only break from his gaze when I heard the fireworks but seconds after his voice stole my attention again.
"Hajime Kokonoi, the one who accompanied me for most of my life and suddenly disappeared but in the end, came back. First of all, I wanted to thank you for everything you did for me, be it in our childhood or in our most recent days. At first I was scared of getting close to you, scared that you would disappear again but happily I was wrong. You have assisted me in any way you could making me want to do the same for you. So please do let me be a part of your life once more. I already told you once even though I didn't intend on seeing again. Now I do it confidently, because I'm willing to become a part of your life if you accept me. Koko-"
I interrupt him with my lips on his.
"You don't need to create a whole letter to say you love me. I love you too." I whisper in his ear. He makes an overjoyed sound and hugs me lovingly. I can feel his tears falling to my chest. My hands reach his cheeks and our heads lean against each other.

"Thank you for giving me one more chance, Inupi."

*****
I hope you guys liked this story as much as I did, it was such a good experience and I'm so happy all my readers were so kind, i couldn't finish this without y'all 😭😭😭
If you have any suggestions for me to start a story just tell me!!!
Love y'all<333