1.Shipwreck

Seokjin's pov

I headed to my room as the first thing after I got on the ship.

I opened the door and stepped in, looking around the room with a smile.

"Well, not bad for a middle class passenger who cooks for the people in the ship," I told myself and swung the backpack over my shoulder.

Keeping aside my bag near the bed, I placed my phone on the table.

I looked at my pink hoodie which I've been wearing for the past two days.

"Once I get my salary for cooking on this ship starting after two days, I'll change you," I said while looking down at my hoodie.

Namjoon's pov

"This is your room, Mr.Kim," my manager said as he opened the room's door for me. "It's not what we wanted to give you, but this was all we could do for you," he said.

I nodded with a small smile and he left after bowing to me.

I entered the room and placed the suitcase near the bed, looking around.

Sighing, I spoke to myself.

"Not a bad one," I said as I removed my blazer.

Just then, I heard my phone ring.

Sighing once again, I picked the call.

"Appa," I said through the phone.

"Namjoon-ah, I know that you didn't choose to travel in a ship but listen to me, it's a long journey through the ocean and you could refresh your mind a bit," he said.

"I understand. But it's just that I can't be there for mom's death anniversary," I mumbled.

He sighed again, continuing to give me the same advise that she's in a better place now, and I just acted like always that I'm okay.

Author's pov

Two days later~

Namjoon just finished some paper works and was walking towards the ship's cafeteria.

As he took a seat, a waiter came to him.

"Mr.Kim," the waiter said as he bowed in respect.

"I'll have japchae," Namjoon said and the waiter nodded before bowing again.

A few minutes later, his japchae arrived and he started eating the food.

"Wow," Namjoon muttered as he tasted the japchae. "Daebak," he said again and continued eating the food.

Never in life has Namjoon enjoyed eating food this much. At least, never after his mother died.

Once he finished his food, the waiter arrived near the table.

"Anything else you would like, Mr.Kim?" The waiter asked politely.

"Yes, I would like to see the one who cooked this japchae," Namjoon said and the waiter gulped.

"I-Is the food bad-" the waiter was cut off by Namjoon.

"No, it's tasty. I just want to see who cooked this," Namjoon said with a small smile and the waiter nodded.

"Please follow me, Mr.Kim," the waiter said as Namjoon got up from his place.

The waiter walked towards the kitchen and opened the door.

Namjoon's eyes automatically fell on someone who was laughing so hard.

"What do you call it when a cow plays musical chair?" Jin asked the older chef.

"Cow's musical chair," the old man low-key said.

"No. It's a moo-sical chair," Jin said and started laughing really hard.

Namjoon chuckled and only then, everyone noticed Namjoon who was inside the kitchen.

Everyone immediately shut their mouths, except for Jin who had no idea who he was.

Slowly walking forward to Jin, Namjoon stretched out his hand.

"I'm Namjoon. Kim Namjoon," the man said, showing off his smile which eventually showed his dimples.

"Kim Seokjin," Jin said and took Namjoon's hand, shaking it.

As the duo exchanged smiles, there were the others who kept their mouths shut.

"Mr.Kim, Kim Seokjin is the one who cooked the japchae," the waiter said.

"Well, I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed the dish. Your cooking is really great," Namjoon said with the same smile once again.

"Oh, thank you," Jin said as he bowed slightly.

Smiling, Namjoon left the kitchen.

"Kim Seokjin!" The waiter almost screamed.

"Yah, why are you shouting?" Jin asked.

"Yah you! Who do you think he is? He's the son of the ship's owner!" The older chef said and Seokjin's mouth performed an 'o'.

Time skip to night~

Seokjin's pov

"Aish! Why is it thundering this much?" I asked myself, trying to sleep while trying to avoid the loud sounds from outside.

I stayed there, lying on my bed for a few minutes.

Sighing, I stood up from my bed, walking towards the door to check the sounds.

Opening the door, I peeked out and saw the older chef running with a few other people I've never seen.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked the old man.

"It's a storm and the ship is sinking, you pabo!" He shouted and started running away, dragging me along with him.

"What?" I asked but he just kept dragging me away with the crowd.

As we exited the sheltered places, we saw thunder rumbling and lightning striking the bridge.

It was raining heavily as I heard a huge creaking sound.

"Is that the ship?" I asked the old man with slightly widened eyes.

"Seokjin," I heard a voice shout.

I looked to my side and saw Namjoon.

He was getting pushed into a lifeboat by some men.

Suddenly, a few other men started walking towards me.

They dragged me away to the lifeboat.

"Why are you taking him?" The manager who hired me asked.

"He can be of help to Mr.Kim. He can cook for kimchi and Gucci's sake!" One of the men shouted as I looked at both my sides.

Before I could process anything, I was pushed on the lifeboat, beside Namjoon.

And a suitcase was thrown in too.

The men were about to cut the ropes.

"What about the others?!" Namjoon asked as he looked at the crew.

"We have other lifeboats too, Mr.Kim. But firstly, we have to get you to safety," the manager said and cut the ropes before Namjoon could say anything.

I yelled as I felt the boat dropping down.

The rain poured heavier and I looked beside me to see Namjoon soaking in the rain like me too.

I started to shiver lightly as the rain kept pouring.

"Wait," Namjoon said, pulling out plastic sheets from the corner of the boat.

He covered both of us with the sheets and laid down with me.

The plastic cover blocked the rain as I felt my eyelids drop slowly.