3.Saved

Author's pov

"Why do we need this box?" Jin asked as Namjoon managed to bring his suitcase to the old boat which looked like in the movie, Anaconda:Hunt for the Blood Orchid.

But the old man asked them to bring that box with supplies too.

"Don't want to die of hunger, do we?" Namjoon asked Jin as the foreigner started the boat. "What place is this?"

"It's the pacific ocean," the old man said as Jin used his very poor English skills to understand what the both were talking.

"A few miles to the east and there's land," the man said and Namjoon nodded while walking back to Jin.

"He said that there's land a few miles ahead," Namjoon said in Korean as he sat beside Jin.

Jin sighed as he nodded.

"So, we are saved?" Jin asked and Namjoon low-key nodded.

Namjoon was still wearing his black pants, a white shirt which was tucked out, his black hair parted and slightly covering his forehead.

Jin had his black bangs covering his forehead completely.

"You know?" Jin asked in English to the old man who was standing near the boat's gearbox. "I'm worldwide handsome," he said and the old man laughed a little.

Jin turned his face to Namjoon who was sitting beside him and blew the dimpled man a flying kiss.

"I agree," Namjoon said with a smile, showing his dimples.

Jin poked the dimple and turned his head away, smiling like always.

"Where was that ship heading to?" Jin asked Namjoon.

"Chile," Namjoon said. "I had to go there for a business meeting and my father wanted me to go there on the ship so that I can refresh my mind a bit," he finished.

"Oh," Jin said as he nodded. "How the hell did a ship owned by your company start sinking?" Jin asked. He wouldn't have known about Namjoon, but he knows about the company who hired him for cooking on the ship.

He also knew that never in life had the Kim enterprises seen such an incident.

"My father owns some of the properties. The marine businesses are one of them and it was just started five years ago. Let's say that it has been a not so tragic one until last night," Namjoon said.

"But it was just the workers of the company on the ship, right?" Jin asked and Namjoon nodded.

"Land," the old man said and Namjoon and Jin looked at what seemed like an island.

"I'm sorry but it's an island for now," the old man said in his language. "We can chill out there for sometime," he continued as the boat stopped.

(The island is kinda like this)

The boat stopped near the shore and the old man jumped out of the boat, followed by Jin and Namjoon.

The old man had a huge bottle of whiskey in his hand as he started walking on the sand.

He sat down under a tree with the cowboy hat still on his head and smiled.

"Celebrate," he said cheerfully and raised up his bottle of whiskey.

An hour later~

Jin chugged down the whole bottle of whiskey, unlike Namjoon who just drank one fourth of the bottle, and the old man who didn't drink it at all.

"Joonie~" Jin said in his drunk voice.

Namjoon chuckled as he sat beside Jin.

"What is it?" Namjoon asked.

"You know, this hoodie is one of the five only dresses I have back in my home. I've even slept in the streets without eating for one week straight," Jin said with a crazy smile and snorted.

"Only after I got this job, I was to be given my salary which was unlike those crazy part time jobs I worked. And with that salary, I was going to buy myself a new dress, changing this pink hoodie I've been wearing for the past few days," Jin said and hiccuped a little at the end.

"I was broke, Namjoon," Jin said with a small pout as he looked at Namjoon who carefully listened to every single word he let out in his drunken state. Namjoon felt a pang in his heart, hearing how much Jin went through.

Though his mother died, Namjoon didn't have to suffer for anything else as he was living on neck-deep money, unlike Jin.

All the money in the world. But with no friends and no family. It's not good according to Namjoon.

"But your company became my saviour and I got the chef job," Jin slurred.

He looked at Namjoon with puppy eyes and blinked.

Suddenly, he got up and hugged Namjoon tightly.

"Thank you Namjoon," Jin mumbled with his arms wrapped around Namjoon's waist, head resting on his shoulder.

Namjoon hugged back Jin by wrapping his arms around the elder's waist, patting it soothingly.

As time passed, both of them fell asleep in each other's arms as they laid on the sand and the old man just watched.

Time skip to evening~

Namjoon slowly opened his eyes and sat up as Jin eventually unwrapped his arms around Namjoon.

Jin got up after a few seconds and looked around like Namjoon too.

The old man was nowhere to be seen.

"Where is the boat?" Jin asked as he looked around again.

Both of them got up hurriedly and looked around.

Finding Namjoon's suitcase on the sand, they both walked towards it.

The box with supplies, half of the tins taken.

But there were still tins of water and half the quantity of tins which had chocolate chip cookies.

Namjoon's suitcase was opened. His clothes were still there along with two empty plastic water bottles and the boat's guide for survival in the ocean.

"He has taken the money and some other expensive things alone," Namjoon low-key said and stood up from the place.

But thank god that he left food, water and the clothes. There was another note left along with the clothes.

Taking out the paper, he looked at it.

"Go and survive. Adios!" The paper read.

Namjoon slowly looked around the island again.

"Where are we?" He low-key muttered.

"Where? Oh, we have just been marooned on an island," Jin said bluntly and sat back on the sand.