10.Orangutan NamJin

Jin's pov

"Why are we doing this again?" I asked Namjoon who was walking ahead of me.

"I noticed that the island was pretty big the first time we saw it. So, maybe if we look around, we may find something," he said. "Or someone. Like tribals," he added as we kept walking.

"How long has it been?" I asked as we kept walking further into the forest.

"About two hours," Namjoon said as he checked his wrist watch which luckily was still working.

Author's pov

The duo kept walking, despite how much tired they were, since they didn't want to walk around after it starts becoming darker.

"Namjoon-ah, I'll do this aegyo for you," Jin said and cleared his throat before trying to mimic a little girl's voice.

"Annyeonghaseyo jeoneun-" he stopped on his tracks as soon as his eyes fell on the view.

Namjoon who was drinking water too, stopped on his tracks and spit out the water he was drinking from the water bottle.

"What the-" Namjoon was cut off by Jin.

"Let's not swear," Jin said as they both started walking further.

"You were right. Tribals live here," Jin said as he looked around the bloodshed place.

Dry blood staining the wood of the chopped off trees. Bones scattered here and there. But the place seemed to be abandoned.

"Can we leave?" Jin asked as Namjoon kept glancing at the place.

After a few seconds, Namjoon finally nodded and the both turned around to leave.

Namjoon, being the one with a smart brain, still remembers which way they came.

They started walking back again.

As the duo was half way through their path, something jumped on Namjoon from the tree.

Jin screamed out of reflex while Namjoon didn't know what was happening.

"A monkey," Jin said as his face showed a smile of fear.

Namjoon slowly raised his hands as he held Jin's so called 'monkey' in his hands.

Lifting it like a baby, he brought it to face him.

The grinning creature wrapped its legs around Namjoon's waist, clinging on to the man's side.

"It's an orangutan," Namjoon said as he looked at the orangutan in his arms.

"What's the difference anyway?" Jin asked as he stayed a safe distance away from the orangutan.

Namjoon shook his head and started speaking with the use of his brain, which had an IQ of 148.

"The biggest difference between monkeys and orangutans is the presence of a tail," Namjoon started. "Monkeys are highly social creatures and spend time in troops. Whereas orangutans tend to be solitary, their population density is very light, only averaging about six orangutans per square mile," he finished and smiled at the orangutan in his arms.

"Hi there," Namjoon said to the orangutan with his dimples and a smile.

Suddenly, the orangutan started patting Namjoon's head and kissed his cheek with a smile.

Jin was still in a trance as he next watched the orangutan getting a kiss from Namjoon.

"What should we name him?" Namjoon asked.

"How are you sure that it's a 'him'?" Jin asked and Namjoon just shrugged.

"Hyung, come and kiss his cheek," Namjoon urged Jin. "He likes it," he added and Jin slowly walked forward.

He kept moving his face back and forth as he tried kissing the orangutan.

"Which one is the cheek?" Jin asked as he moved his head back and to the orangutan, again and again.

"Here," Namjoon pointed out on the orangutan's face and Jin finally kissed the orangutan, but on the lips.

(A/n: Kinda reminds me of~)

Jin screamed again, his voice echoing through the forest, as the orangutan jumped from Namjoon to Jin.

Kissing Jin's lips, the orangutan jumped back to the trees.

"We'll name him, Orangutan NamJin," the man beside Jin said as the latter was still breathing heavily from the event.

"Let's go back," Jin said with his face and ears red, starting to walk away.

"You're walking in the wrong direction," Namjoon said and Jin turned around and headed the correct way like nothing happened, but the funny fear was plastered all over his face.

Namjoon just chuckled again and walked alongside Jin.