2. 𝓘𝓷 𝓪 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓽

Is been months since the funeral of his girlfriend and things went back as it used to only this time he didn't have Ellie beside him and the bullies had stopped bothering but he knew it wouldn't last long

Is been months since the funeral of his girlfriend and things went back as it used to only this time he didn't have Ellie beside him and the bullies had stopped bothering but he knew it wouldn't last long. He was proven right when he left the school with some guys throwing comments around him and how he killed his own girlfriend making him clench his backpack.

____

Right now he was in the park to meet with someone.

"Hey K, sorry I'm late." Ross said as he takes a seat beside K. "Just went to visit Ellie." He said making K wave it off.

"That's okay, I'm just enjoying my day." K said with a smile. "You said you had something important to tell me?" Ross asked.

"And I hope is not about Chris wanting me to join his operation, because I already told him that's not happening." He said with a scoff. "I see what he puts you and the rest of his "Hound wolf squad" through. No, thank you." He said.

"Is not about that. It is... about you." K said making Ross sigh looking away. "I... I worry about you. How is um... how are things at school?" He asked.

"Seriously? That's what you wanted to talk to me about?" He asked.

"Yeah, after you know the whole Ellie accident-." K was cut off by Ross. "It wasn't an accident! I know they did it." Ross said with a glare standing up from his spot.

"Sorry, but are they still treating you bad? I thought you said they weren't bothering you." K said raising his hands up.

"You mean are they still treating me like a freak?" Ross asked with a roll of his eyes and takes off his cap rubbing his short hair putting the cap on. "Hey! Uh-uh! Look at me, you are not a freak." Ross had to stop himself from flinching hearing K say that just something that Ellie will say to him if she heard him say that about himself.

"I am, you know I am." Ross said. "Look what happened when I got to close to someone, they got killed because of my freak powers." He said.

"So, you don't have any other friends you can talk to?" K asked and Ross laughs. "How can I? When the one who I told everything ends up dead by those damn bullies. She's dead because of me." He said.

"What if there were a way to get rid of your powers?" K asked making Ross look at him shock. "I'd get rid of them in a heartbeat." Ross said set on getting rid of his powers.

"All right, well, I think there's something I need to show you." K said and Ross nods.

____

"You already know about Miranda and the mutamycete." K said as they go in the office. "How she researched it obsessively and performed experiments on human objects."

"Like me." Ross said and walks around the lab office. "Exactly." K said with a smile and search some papers.

"What you don't know is that we recently found some of her research. Apparently, she discovered a purifying crystal that can remove the mutamycete from its host." That got Ross attention.

"Purifying crystal?" Ross asked.

"If we can get our hands on one of these, we might be able to weaken or remove your powers entirely." K said and Ross smiles putting down a jar. "Are you kidding me?" He asked.

"No but her notes are incomplete. However, I think I have an idea where we can find the rest of her research." K said and moves to a red container. "Then let's do it! Let's find it!" Ross said eager to get rid of his powers.

"Where is it?" He asked and K pointed gestures behind Ross. "In there." He said and Ross turns around seeing a red container.

"That's a fragment of the Megamycete." K explained. "It absorbs and stores memories from people who pass away from it or close proximity. Including Miranda and everything she knows, if you enter it's consciousness you might be able to solve the mystery of the purifying crystal."

"Wait, what do you mean enter it's consciousness?" Ross asked.

"Ok, so you... your deep connection will allow you to explore the information within." K said and Ross looks at him like he was crazy. "That sounds crazy, you sound crazy." Ross said shaking his head.

"Yes Ross but not dangerous." K said. "Right, think of it just like walking through somebody's else's memories." He said and Ross sighs.

"You really think this can work?" Ross asked making K nod. "I think it's worth trying, what do you have to lose?" K asked and Ross looks at the container.

"Nothing." Ross said. "Not anymore."

"How do I even do this?" Ross asked and K looks down and shrugs. "I don't know actually. Just try reaching out to it, see what happens." K said.

"Ok... fine, what the hell." Ross said and puts his hand out almost close to the container closing his eyes.

____

Ross was suddenly dropped into the water sinking down slowly but he could hear familiar voices that hunted him down in his dreams.

"Oh my god, Ross us so weird." A female student said. "Yeah, it's like he sees things that aren't there. Creepy."

"Stay away from us, you freak!" A male student said. "Imagine wanting to be friends with him." A girl said.

"He's definitely not normal." A boy said.

"Ew! Looks like the freak actually got himself a girlfriend." Two girls that Ross had seen in one of the windows said. "I bet she's a freak just like Ross."

Ross closed his eyes and cover his ears to block the comments specially when they talked about Ellie, the words freak echoing in his mind.

"Shut up!" Ross said but the voices still continue to speak and he had enough when one of them had said Ellie's name. "Ellie's a freak!" A boy said.

"Shut the fuck up! Just shut up!"

____

Ross opens his eyes only to frown when he was back in the office.

"I'm still here?" Ross asked himself and stands up from the chair. "K!" He said realizing that K wasn't in the office and looks around the office.

"K?" Ross shouts. "This... isn't right." He said feeling the place is very different and dark.

"I hope I did the right thing." Ross whispers.