6. 𝓜𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓹𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

"Focus here" Michael said to the lumpy thing that was holding a vase, Ross puts his hand out watching it fascination as thing crumble into dust

"Focus here" Michael said to the lumpy thing that was holding a vase, Ross puts his hand out watching it fascination as thing crumble into dust. He picks up the handgun ammo putting it in his pocket and tries it again before this face eaters show up, he accidentally drops down from the ladder but thankfully he didn't damage even more his leg which he had notice it was hurt in the cell when he was dragged.

Ross saw that the ladder he used to get across had fallen in the red substance.

"If I can't get around it, I need to get rid of it." He said and looks for the core, he finds it quick on top of the ceiling. He sighs with a smile but is wiped out when a face eater barge in, he raised up his hand but clicked his tongue in annoyance when nothing happened.

"It's like I can't quite get a grip!" Ross said as he backs away killing the face eater with his gun instead.  He went back to the room where the core was and examine the case, he opens it seeing a high capacity mag and puts it on his gun. Ross went back to the library seeing the core, he raised his hand up to destroy it only nothing happened and he didn't want to get close because he could hear a face eater near by.

"Get close" Wendy writes by the book case that was near him making Ross get a bit close using his powers again destroying the core. He destroyed another core and kills two face eaters on the way to the exit, as Ross made his way down he stops when loud footsteps and growls from outside were heard.

"What?" Ross said as that thing disappears when he got out, he destroyed a core that was holding a cage picking up the gunpowder. He makes his way back to get the bronze mask only to stop when he saw a picture, his eyes widen seeing the other mask he needs and flips it around.

"Monocular door, deep in the basement." He said seeing the familiar eye stamp. He breaks the core and picks up the mask with a smile. "Finally got it." Ross said and puts it away making his way back to the dinning room.

"Rest" Michael said and Ross crossed his arms with a frown. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Everything! None of this was supposed to happen." Ross said gesturing to the man eaters and the man that's chasing him calling him a rabbit. Not only that, it was the fact that he had two angels protecting him and helping him out which he couldn't complain about it. "I was here to get the crystal and that's it." He said.

"Why not just leave?" Michael said and Wendy writes underneath him. "Safer than here"

Ross shakes his head. "Like I said I came here for the crystal, it won't change my mind." He said.

"Here." Michael said and makes more med for him. "Thank you." Ross said Wendy made more ammo for him which he reloaded the gun. He goes in the waiting hall and puts the bronze mask in one of the statues, a fire ignited from behind the statue meaning that he put the right one.

Ross breaks the core to a big doors that he once came to watch the man which it was the Antechambers, he carefully made his way down the stairs so that no face eater comes out of the red substance. He breaks another core from a door and he gets inside to see that it looks like a room office, he walks away and Ross made his way around to where he once shot the face eater breaking a core.

"Safe here" Michael said and Wendy writes underneath him. "Tired?" She asked and Ross shakes his head.

"I'm fine, but what about you guys?" He asked and they respond quick. "Weak here" Wendy and Michael said at the same time but Wendy's words were fading making Ross frown.

"Is that why your words are fading? And why you guys respond a few words?" He asked making Michael respond for the both of them.

"Yes" Michael said.

"Try not to overdo it, then." Ross said with a sigh. "And Wendy rest." He said they said nothing picking up the ammo and Chem fluid and left.

______

"The predators stand united each staring down their prey." He reads a riddle from a small room where he stood in front of a small box which was behind some bars in a gallery room. Ross looks at the paintings which some of them were missing, one side was big animals that could kill small animals.

What he did he grabs the paintings he could take off putting all the predators in one side staring at their preys while he figures since one of the paintings can't be moved. Ross puts the sheep first and puts the rest down seeing that there's a missing painting, now he has to search for it in the second floor looking at the painting a possibility of finding the predator of the frog.

"My word. You're just full of surprises, aren't you?" The masked man asked from the small tv Ross saw after destroying the core. "Shit." Ross said as face eaters emerge from the red substance blocking his way out and the core was taking his sweet ass time breaking down.

"But I think you'll find that this strapping brute is made of sterner stuff." Masked man said and Ross saw it wasn't actually a face eater it looked upgraded, had multiple faces around his neck and Ross runs inside the now open door after seeing that he can't use his powers on it.

"This way" Michael said to an open room and Wendy slammed the door a shield so they won't come in. Ross sighs in relief and picks up a small note on the table.

"Those things chased me in here... but where is it? The monocular key was supposed to be here somewhere. It's not in this room though, it must be close by." Ross reads and turns around to go look for it only to have Wendy stop him.

"Don't go, too weak" She said and points to the fireplace. "Go there"

Ross nods and crouch down to see a way through the fireplace making him wait for Michael push the crate away. He goes up the stairs seeing an armory room and they point down to a desk where he could see a familiar flask.

"Looks like there are more of these." He said and used it.

"Stronger now" Michael said making Ross nod. "Yeah, let's go." He said making his way back down to the drawing room.