9. 𝓛𝓮𝓽'𝓼 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂

Ross groans as he opens his eyes but slowly stands up seeing that he was in a different place confusing him

"Where am I now?" He asked.

"A deeper stratum" Michael said on the ground making him confuse. "Stratum?" He asked and Wendy writes next.

"Deeper you go, harder to escape" Wendy said and Michael writes next. "Need to leave while you can" Michael said.

Ross clench his left hand and takes off his cap to adjusted.

"I don't want to leave." Ross said and turns away with a frown. "Not until I find that crystal." He said looking at his hands and almost flinch seeing them cover in blood, the image of Ellie dead.

"I'm tired of being a freak, I don't want to look at this every time I wake up only to be remembered what I lost!" Ross said and kicked a rock away from him.

"Lost?" Michael asked and Wendy stayed silent. "My girlfriend, she was killed by my bullies. I should have stayed with her instead I had to go the damn class to get my phone leaving her behind." Ross said and looks at the sky feeling tears coming.

"I just wished I had a normal life without this curse in me. That crystal is the only way I could at least be able be free." He said and turns around to look at Michael.

"And I'm not going back until I find it." Ross said and Wendy writes on the fence beside him. "Stubborn!" Wendy said and he shrugs with a smile.

"Yeah, so?" He said and Michael writes on the snow. "So... let's get searching." He writes.

____

"God damn it, he got it from you!" Wendy said and E gives her a look. "Hey don't look at me, is true. His stubborn as a mule, the further he goes in there's a chance we may not able to help him or something could prevent us from going in." Wendy said as they fallow Ross.

"Don't jinx it." E said and Wendy rubs her face.

"This is the village you talked about." Wendy said and he nods. "But there was even more monsters around compare to now." He said.

____

Ross was freaked out when he read the message that had a monkey hold it and continues his path in finding the crystal.

"What the?" Ross jumps when a baby carrier comes out of nowhere but shocks him more when it was a familiar one. "This is.. this is that carriage me and Ellie saw at the mall." He said.

It was a black carriage decorated in black bows, he remembered how he and she went to the mall so that they could find a baby present to a cousin of hers. They went in to an old vintage baby clothes and the first thing Ellie saw was the carriage which she feel in love with.

"Oh come on Ross, we have to get it for Luna." Ellie's voice echoes in his head and he gets close to see a note. "Will you be my friend?" Ross said and continued, he was met with many gravestones which he tense.

"Let's play." He saw the words in red in the big gravestone and saw some stuff inside. "I swear I've seen these monkeys before but... what the hell?" Ross said and made himself inside the place seeing an elevator.

He goes inside and he turns around when Michael and Wendy write at the same time.

"Something is wrong"

"What is it?" Ross asked feeling worried as the words flicker. "Someone or something.... is blocking us" They said and now Ross was worried when the lights flicker.

When the lights came up the elevator had changed and walked inside the place freaked out seeing giant stuffed monkeys stood in place.

"Welcome Ross." He reads the headline. "Okay, this is weird."

Ross picks up a journal and reads it.

1/4

Today was my first day of school! I've always wanted to go! I'm gonna give Chris a big hug next time I see him.

There were so many kids my age. It was like I walked into a tv show or something, I was so scared when I had to introduce myself to the class. There was this pretty nice girl who had given me a thumbs up encouraging me to say hi to the class which made me less nervous.

I'm going to go and talk to her tomorrow maybe she can be my first friend.

2/4

I tried to talk the girl from the first day but she didn't come because she has been sick this past few days but I did go and talk to some other kids to make more friends only no one wanted to talk to me.

School was super easy, it's all stuff I learned with mommy. But I guess I shouldn't answer all the teacher's questions? (The boy behind me said something really mean...)

My hands go icky with white sweat when I panic, it was really bad today.

3/4

Today the teacher yelled at me for always carrying my hanky. She says I'm not a baby anymore, that was until the pretty girl had said to her about being a cranky bitch earning herself a time out.

I finally got her name, her name is Ellie summer kinda cool. I'm winter and she's summer.

The girls at school keep saying I'm icky but I take a bath every night, always wear clean clothes and bring fresh hanky every day!

It's because of the stupid white sweat, whenever it starts coming out of my hands I wipe it off right away. But sometimes it won't wipe off, so I just hold my hanky really tight and Ellie had thrown some ball at a kid right on the face who tried to make fun of me which it made me laugh.

Chris even told the teacher it can't get anyone sick but it didn't change anything!

4/4

Ellie finally talked to me which made me happy but not only that someone else talked to me, a boy named Luke talked to me! He said that he always wanted to be friends, Luke invited me to lunch together tomorrow.

I'm so happy!

I hope Luke's friend Carl will be my friend too.