8. 𝓣𝓻𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓾𝓼

Ross rolled his eyes when the door was locked and he faced the wall

"Any chance you could open it from the other side?" He asked and Wendy writes but her words were fading. "Never mind, I'll make my way around." He said and goes back from where he came in the beginning of the gallery only to see a door slightly ajar.

"The mask?" Michael asked as he appeared finally on the dressing drawer. "I got it, but just barely. The ugly brute turned up and not only that the ugly executor monster almost killed me." He said.

"Thankfully, Wendy saved me on time before I could get crushed by its hammer." Ross said an Wendy showed a blushing emoji making him chuckle.

"Don't fight, run" Michael said and Ross nods. "Yeah, I know." Ross said and Michael puts some useful stuff for him which was the sage and more ammo.

He looks around the room for anything and smiles when he saw the missing painting he needed in the other gallery, it was a snake.

___

Ross went to the main after running away from the executor again and puts the silver mask on the second statue, the fire lights up behind it. He heads back to the painting gallery and put in the painting of the snake.

"Why do I feel like he made this puzzle to mess with me?" Ross asked and grabs the key in the small chest. "Okay, let's go get that last mask." He said and made his way to the dining room where the other gun is held up.

Ross gets the key back and grabs the other gun which it was a M1897. "Should make things easier." He said loading it with ammo.

____

Ross opens the door and saw that the gold mask was in the middle of the red substance and pianos hanging up by the cores. He had to make a path as he walked to the last core to grab the mask only for face eaters to appear, he backs away and takes out his pistol shooting them.

"Why so many?" He asked and killed the last one standing, he picked up the gold mask only for him to wince when his right hand. Ross didn't notice an executor coming behind him until it was too late getting knocked out by the big hand.

____

"E! Come on, we have to help Ross with finding the sclerotia." Wendy said as they watched Ross look around stress out in finding the real ones before room was flushing in with the red substance. "I know, let's go in." He said and they both guide Ross in finding the right one for him while ignoring the mask or what E likes to call him fake Duke.

Wendy cheers with a smile as Ross finally did it before the timer went ended. They congratulated him for his work which he chuckles. "I couldn't have done it without you guys!" He said with a smile.

"All you" They said and Wendy smiles seeing him this happy. E makes some ammo for him and Ross laughs a little making a joke.

"I was hoping for a pony-." Ross stops as Wendy writes pony making him stop. "H-how did you know I was going to say that?" Ross asked and Wendy slaps her head.

"Damn it." She said and doesn't say anything to Ross which he frowns but he shrugs it off. He made his way down to the main hall but Michael stops him before he could open the doors.

"Almost time" Michael said.

"Ready?" Wendy asked and Ross nods with a smile. "Yeah, I can finally get rid of these powers." He said.

"But I do have to admit. I lived with them for so long, it's kind of weird to let them go." Ross admitted and they tell him to be careful watching him go in the main hall.

"You think if he has to fight with the big boss, I could just go in and kill it completely." Wendy said and E shakes his head. "We're not even sure the Duke even has it, chances that other creatures have it like they did to me back then. Which is why we need all the energy we can have to keep him safe on any surprise bad guy." He said and Wendy nods.

"So, Wendy?" He asked suddenly and Wendy blushed. "What? It reminded me of the Peter Pan movie I used to watch." She said and before E could laugh they stop to see that Duke had come out laughing while clapping his hands together.

"Shit." Wendy said and got ready when it was dangerous.

____

"Well done, little one." Mask guy said. "You've more than earned this reward. Almost looks like the real thing, doesn't it?" He asked and Ross watched in shock as the crystal in his hands turns into dust.

"What?!" Ross shouts clenching his hands in anger and shock while the mask guy laughs. "It's a replica, of course. Nothing that valuable could ever manifest in this stratum." He said.

"Did you really think I'd give away something so precious?" Mask guy asked and snaps his his fingers. "I had to bait the trap with something." He said and Ross screams as he was was being pulled down in the red substance.

_____

"No matter, your imminent demise is inevitable." Mask guy said and Ross glares at him feeling tired as he used everything to kill the executor.

He watched the big guy snap his finger twice and now was being surrounded by face eaters no way out.

"Run!" Michael said around him but Ross couldn't find a path which he panics and looks at them. "Where?!"

"This way" Wendy wrote making a path for him, he quickly runs to where she said only to stop seeing nothing down there. "What? Down there?" Ross asked.

"Jump" Michael said and Ross was hesitating to jump. "Trust us" Ross jumps down and had the same feeling he had as he came here, like he was going underwater.

Next one was my favorite which is why skipped the part where Ross fights the executor

Next one was my favorite which is why skipped the part where Ross fights the executor... hope you guys missed Eveline.