fourteen. the winters reunited

014

014.    the winters reunited

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  

THE WINTERS (AND STELLA) WERE STOOD by the gates of Alfea, waiting for the Ice Kingdom's drivers to arrive at the school. After Aurora had confronted Vanessa about her and Brodie's relationship, she had informed Stella of her departure.

The blonde princess knew of the relationship with Aurora and her parents weren't the best, hell, they didn't even have a relationship. But Stella knew that it was going to be absolutely shitty for her.

As for Aurora, she was fucking pissed, and that was an understatement.

"Are your uncles going to be there?" Stella asked, finally breaking the awkward silence between the three.

Brodie nodded. "Yeah."

Aurora scoffed, looking at the ground. "They better be. I need to have a word with them both."

The two blondes looked at the brunette, both of them understanding what she meant. She wanted to know why she wasn't informed and Brodie was.

Stella grabbed Aurora's fidgeting hands and let her play with her fingers. "Rory, it'll be fine. Me and the girl will be waiting for you when you get back." She attempted to comfort the girl, but it didn't seem to work.

Aurora frowned. "They don't even know I'm leaving."

With those words, the gates of Alfea had opened and in drove a black limo. They waited patiently for it to halt, until the driver got out and opened the doors for them.

"Good luck, Rory." Stella gave her a massive hug, warming the cold girl up instantly.

She planted a kiss on the blonde's forehead. "Thanks, princess, I'll need it."

Following Brodie towards the car, she turned back around to face her girlfriend one last time. "Oh, and tell Jackie and Riven that we're going to get drinks as soon as I get back."

Stella rolled her eyes but nodded, giving her girlfriend one last wave before the driver closed the door. The limo began driving away, as Stella watched it go past the gates of Alfea, which left her wondering whether Aurora would come back in one piece.

Aurora and Brodie sat besides one another, in silence. Not one of them uttered a word to each other but they knew one of them would break eventually as it was a long trip to the Ice Kingdom.

Sighing, Aurora looked out of the window, admiring the view as the drive went on. And after at least two hours, Brodie finally cracked and turned to his older sister.

"Aurora..." He whispered, as she hummed. "I'm so sorry."

The oldest turned to Brodie with a small smile tugged on her lips. "I know... But that doesn't make up for the fact you lied to me for half a year."