Bonus Scene - Ready

Please read only if you want to and if you can handle rated R material. Know that I tried my best!

    -----

Bonus scene - This is a continuation of where I left off on the last chapter, where Cato and Prim finally make love for the first time. I got messages from many of my readers asking if I could go into more detail and make an actual sex scene, so here it is. I hope you enjoy it.

    I pick at loose strands of fabric in the comforter, not really knowing what to say, but not having anything to say at the same time. Sometimes I liked to sit in comfortable silence with Cato. It gives me time to think clearly. It brings me happy thoughts, not horrid ones.

    "Can I tell you something?" Cato asks abruptly, halting our silence.

    "Sure."

    Cato runs his hands through his wet hair. "I don't know if you feel it, too, but every time I look into your eyes, it feels like my heart is bursting. I don't know why, and I can't figure out why it happens so suddenly, but it's there, and it won't go away."

    I smile. This is why I love him.

    "I get the same thing, Cato," I tell him while placing a hand on my heart. Just hearing his voice makes my heart race.

    He breathes a sigh of relief. "Can you feel it?" He takes my hand, spreading my palm against where his heart resides. He's right. He's looking me in the eyes, and his heart feels like it's going to fall out of his chest. I feel it thumping against my hand in an entrancing rhythm.

    I nod, rubbing my hands over his chest. "I feel it. I feel it everywhere."

    "I've never felt this, for anyone."

    "Neither have I." I don't think I ever will again. Peeta never made me feel like Cato does, and that's why I chose Cato over him.

    "I just want it to show you that I am here for you, and as long as my heart beats like this, I will always be here. I'm yours, and no one and nothing will ever change that."

    I lean in and kiss the corner of his mouth. My small hand rests on the back of his neck, playing with the stubble of his hair.

    "I don't want you thinking that there's ever a time that you feel alone; that you can't get through anything, and that there's no one in this world that loves you enough to want to fight for you. I've done it before and I'll do it again. I will fight til my last breath, whatever it takes to make you happy."   

    "You mean that?"

    Cato nods. "Yea, I've told you so many times. I love you. And I hate seeing you like I did today. I know it's not easy, but we can get through it together. We've been through so much and it's only going upwards from here."

    "What if I said that you getting as far away from me as possible is what would make me happy?" I tease.

    Cato shrugs, bringing everything into reality. "If that was really what you wanted, it's what I would do. I'd probably try and put up one hell of a fight, but it's something I'm willing to do for you."

    My heart literally skips a beat and I lean in to kiss Cato slowly, pushing myself as closely as I could. I throw my leg over him so that I'm straddling his waist, holding his head in both of my hands. Cato's hands wrap around my waist, letting me dominate him for those few seconds. I line my heart up with his and I can feel my heart bursting, just like he said his does. God, where did all of this come from? Who has blessed me with someone like this?