Bonus Scene - Balcony

It's as if when we are together, we aren't afraid to try anything. I now know that because we had decided that it would be funny to try out getting drunk together.

It was one of our nights off. Our wedding was only a week ago, so everyone has been trying to help as much as they can so that we could have some alone time to celebrate the marriage. My mom had volunteered to watch Willow after she had heard about how much of a hard time I was having taking care of her for the past few weeks, what with all the planning for the wedding and all the stress it causes. I love my baby, but she is a lot of work, especially when I'm alone. The teething problems have calmed down significantly since I gave her the numbing gel, but it can only calm her down for so long. Add that with her random little growth spurts and development overall, and you get one worked up Momma with one energetic and loud little baby.

I was so relieved to have the night off because Cato and I could finally have some time alone. During the day, there are people in and out of the apartment coming to visit Willow, wanting to talk, or literally just coming over to sit on the couch and drink beer (Haymitch). But during the night, Cato and I are so tired that we don't have much time to do anything else but sleep and wake up when Willow needed to be tended to. This includes talking.. the most we have said to one another at night for the past week has probably been only twelve words per day.

Mom was having Willow spend the night over at her place, but it is so weird for me. This would be the first night that I have ever been away from Willow since the moment she was born. She has never slept over with anyone else, mostly because I don't really like the idea of leaving her alone with anyone... sometimes even family. I cried when Mom closed the door behind her. Cato had had enough after I had called in to check on her for the fourth time and made me stop. You could even see the confusion in Willow's eyes as they walked away from me. Cato scolded me a little for crying as she left, but you could see the sadness in his eyes, too, so I shrugged it off.

Anyway, Willow was gone, and so Cato and I were sitting on the couch, relaxing and watching some movies, when...

"Have you ever been drunk?" Cato asks, slipping his glasses off of his face, turning to look at me.

I remove myself from under his arm and turn to frown at him. "In all my life, I've probably only ever had three alcoholic drinks total. And I don't even think I finished them. So...no."

Cato's eyes go wide and he smirks. "You've never even felt a slight buzz... not even an inkling of feeling tipsy?"

I shake my head 'no' and Cato scratches his chin. He looks like he will be up to no good. I know the look on his face when he's mustering up a plan. It usually doesn't lead to anything good.

"Why do we always have a fridge stocked with beer?" he asks, talking more to himself than me.

"Because Haymitch would tear this place apart if he came here and didn't have a beer to chug down."

Cato is silent for a few minutes, so I assume that the out of the blue conversation is now over.

A little later, though, he speaks again.

"What do you think about having a couple of beers?"

"You mean us... having beer? Together? Right now?"

Cato nods. "Why not? We have the place to ourselves. Willow is gone for the entire night. We can get crazy, and at the end of the night have wild, loud sex without me having to cover your mouth so that you don't wake the baby."

I frown at him again, but then I ponder the request.

I don't really drink alcohol, but it is our night off. I've heard that people let loose and have lots of fun when they drink, even though the after affects can sometimes be horrible.