Bonus Scene - Quick

Before I unpublished the sequel, this was a piece of one of the chapters I'd written. I just thought I'd try my hand at smut one more time. Enjoy.

Rose hands me my plate of food and then sits down to dig into hers. "So what are we doing today?" Willow finally asks.

Rose smiles, and I can see that she's not trying to appear to be sad. "Whatever you want to do."

Willow ponders for a moment, but then speaks up when she gets her idea. "Let's go see Haymitch."

Rose can't handle herself, and immediately bursts into tears. It was so sudden that the two of us were completely taken by surprise.

Willow's eyes go big with worry, and she turns to me, regret and sadness in her eyes. "Daddy... what... what did I say to make her cry?" Willow looks like she's going to cry if Rose doesn't stop.

Rose wipes her eyes and shakes her head. "You're just the sweetest girl in the world. It's your day off, and you want to go see Haymitch while other girls are selfish and do things just for themselves. I just... I just love the person you grew up to be."

Willow breathes in relief. "Well you guys raised me Momma, of course I wouldn't turn out badly. But you don't need to cry about it," Willow explains.

This woman is so emotional that it makes me believe that she's pregnant again. But, she's not... at least I hope she's not...

"Rose, come on. Willow, finish eating and get dressed and then we will go see Haymitch. Take your time... I need to talk to your mother." Willow nods slowly and watches us as I lead Rose out of the kitchen and into the bedroom.

Once the door is closed behind us, I turn and watch Rose as she stares at me with that sad look. 

"Rose... you need to get a grip. You're starting to scare Willow, and we don't need her to be fucking scared. She knows now that something is up."

She frowns at me, and starts to walk away, but I pull her back. "Let go of me, Cato."

"No!"

Rose snatches her hand away from me. As she's walking away, she says, "I wouldn't be acting this way if you didn't sell our daughter out."

This again? Fuck!

"Well where do you think we would be if I didn't, huh?! One of us, or hell even both of us, would be six feet under the ground. For the last fucking time, I did it for us! You wouldn't even have Willow if I didn't do what I had to do to get us out alive!"

"Well maybe things would have been better off if you hadn't!"

I close my eyes and take a deep breath before I lose my fucking mind. This woman is just as temper-testing as she was when she was 16.

Once I've collected myself, I walk up to Rose and press her against the bathroom door. "You and I both know you don't fucking mean that."

"Maybe I do," Rose says, turning away.

I grasp her chin and force her to look at me. She doesn't mean that shit. "You don't fucking mean it," I say firmly.