Special (Keisuke Baji - 🥰)

"How do they tell us to hurry and meet at the shrine when they're not even here?!"

Draken told us to hurry and meet everyone at the shrine and Baji and I were the only ones there! He sounded like there was an emergency and now, we were the ones waiting.

Sitting on the steps, Baji sat right in front of me, sighing:

"That's Mikey and Draken for you."

"Yeah, why be surprised," Who knows how long we'd be waiting for them!

Sitting with an propped elbow, it was so quite and boring, till Baji leaned back against my knees, making sure to fix his hair first.

His hair was the most gorgeous I've seen, even better than mine. Out of curiosity, I ran my hair through and every long, black strand was silky soft, not a single tangle.

"Wont lie, I'm kind of jealous of your hair," I giggled as he stared at me out of the corner of his eye.

"I'm sure you're not the only one," He chuckled, being extra with a small flip of his hair.

I thought it was so cute, running my hand through again and asking:

"Care if I braid it? You know, to pass time?"

"G-Go for it," He sat up straight and a bit stiff, fixing his hair so it was all behind his shoulders, "Been a while since I've braided it."

"Just relax," Rubbing his shoulders before finding the top of his head, he loosened up some, massaging his scalp some too as I parted his hair down the middle.

"I just don't let people play with my hair often," It was understandable, the way he was feeling, but as I began a French braid, I joked:

"You think I'm hiding scissors and I'm just gonna cut it off?"

"If you did, today would be your last day on earth!" He sounded so serious and it made me laugh more, shaking my head:

"I'm teasing, Baji! Your hair's too gorgeous to cut anyhow!"

"Better be teasing," He growled playfully, hiding his own laughs and I just shook my head more, continuing to braid and tying off the first one.

As I came to a finish, I had an idea in mind, Baji asking first:

"All done?"

"Give me just one second," Tying off the second braid, I was looking at the charms on my bracelets, taking my favorite one that was a golden heart, clipping it out of my bracelet and placing it in his hair by his temple where it could be seen, smiling at my finishes work, "Now, I'm done!"

Baji was dying to see, pulling out his phone, handing it to me:

"Take a picture so I can see it!"

Sure enough, I got up and did as he said, handing him back his phone with the photo displayed, "What do you think? I think it fits you pretty well."

He was silent for a moment, trying to imagine the photo like a mirror, hand softly tracing his braided hair, up to the charm:

"Wait a second, isn't this your charm?"

"Yeah," I nodded, smiling nervously, "I thought it would give it some extra umph, ya know?"

"But it's your favorite. I remember you punching someone over it," We both laughed at that memory and he wasn't wrong, earning a smile from him as I murmured softly:

"Well, consider yourself lucky and special then."

"Lucky and special, huh?" The look in his eyes made my cheeks get warm, only nodding as he stood up, taking a step toward me till we heard:

"Sorry to keep you guys waiting."

Mikey, Draken, and the rest of the guys were finally here, Pah being the first to notice, laughing at Baji:

"What did you do to your hair, man?!"

"What are you laughing at Pah, huh? You're just jealous! And what took you guys so damn long?!"

We were a crazy bunch, after their yelling, we finally gathered around and got down to business, discussing some next moves and maybe another target.

It was always something, but like always, we thought of a plan and with nothing else left to do, I waved off to everyone, ready to go home, till Baji stopped me:

"Need a ride home, Y/N?"

I did walk over here since it wasn't far from home, a smile forming as I joined Baji on the back of his bike:

"Can't complain about a free ride."

Hugging his torso and laying my head on his back softly, I enjoyed times like this the most. The night was beautiful with a clear sky full of stars, the roads empty, so it was a nice ride home.

"Thanks for bringing me home, Baji," Sitting up straight while he parked his bike, he was the first one to hop off, smiling with his hand out:

"No problem. It's not a fair drive so."

I got that warm feeling from before when I took his hand, so soft in mine, taking in every bit of the small moment while he walked me up the stairs of the apartment complex that I lived in, taking me up to the door.

"Thanks again, Baji. Text me when you get home too, okay? Just so I know you made it okay."

"Don't I always do that?" He giggled, taking a moment to get serious before I reached for the door, "Is it okay if we talk for a second, since the guys interrupted us earlier?"

"What is it?" Turning back to face him, I was clueless for a change, the air in my lungs getting stuck in my chest when his hand found my cheek, pulling me into a kiss.

For a moment, this felt like dream, hooking my arms under his and holding on tight, the contact bringing me to reality, let alone when he pressed his lips a little harder, parting for a moment, then leaving another soft kiss.

"I wanted you to know, I'm not only one who's special," He whispered softly, our eyes opening at the same time to connect.

"Baji-" I didn't know what to say, almost ready to cry because of how touched my heart was.

"I'm so-"

"Don't you dare say sorry," Kissing him again, I needed to get it out of my system and feeling him kissing me back brought a calmness, even giggling a bit when my lips parted, "Just caught me by surprise a little is all."

"Whoops," He giggled along, hugging me properly this time, "I just needed you to know that."

There was a baby hair against his temple that I fixed with a smile, tapping my charm, knowing that he had to leave:

"You get home safe and-"

"Text you when I'm there. I remembered," He chuckled, kissing one last time before he left, "Goodnight, Y/N."