Words of Strength (Mikey - 🥰)

"Y/N, if you can hear me-"

I knew this voice. Even in the endless black pit that my soul was submerged in, I could hear just that one voice. The only thing reaching my consciousness.

"Please, wake up. You can't die on me. P-Please."

That voice began to crack, able to tell the person speaking was crying. Full of fear and desperation.

I had no clue what was happening, swimming in a black hole, but their words touched deep.

Everything around me was white and blurry. It was cold and my body was still numb, waking up and tried to examine the things around me to figure out where I was.

"M-Mikey?" Seeing a figure next to me, the shape of blonde hair I could barely manage to figure out lead me to believe it was him.

"Y/N!" He was quiet but shot out of his seat.

"Where," I went to sit up just to have a huge strike of pain fill my head, groaning through my words, "Where the hell are we?"

"You need to lie down," He was gentle, taking my shoulders and guiding me back down to the bed, answering my question, "We're in the hospital."

"The hospital?" With my eyes shut tight, I retraced my thoughts and couldn't find an answer as to why we were there, why I was the one in the hospital bed.

"You don't remember what happened?" Looking to meet his gaze, I'd never seen him so concerned.

His eyes were light red like he'd be crying. Looking down at his arms, I noticed a few scratches that were clearly from fighting.

Finally, some pieces started to come back to me. The fight in the parking lot against a gang we'd been having issues with.

Mikey was taking on their leader and there were so many people that it was hard to tell who even had an advantage.

"I-" I tried to speak in an attempt to console him, my headache growing worse as I remembered what put me in here.

One of those punks had a metal baseball bat. Mikey's back was turned and despite the parking lot being flooded with hoodlums, my eyes found that guy targeting Mikey.

There was no feeling in my body, just the sound of my footsteps splashing through the rain, pushing Mikey out of the way.

The giant crack I heard was the bat against my skull. Then nothing.

No Looking back to Mikey, he knew that I now remembered, tears swelling up in the corners of his eyes.

I'd never seen Mikey cry and that made me feel so guilty. The voice I heard that begged me not to die was him.

"Mikey," Propping myself up with my hands slowly to sit up, I explained while fighting tears of my own, "You didn't see that guy and I don't know why, but my body just moved to get you out of there."

"I u-understand," Swallowing a breath, he was a bit relieved that I didn't lose any of my memory, hugging me softly, telling me, "But don't you take a hit like that for me ever again. You've been out for days. Never scare me like that, again."

"I'm sorry," I whispered, hugging him back as tightly as I could with tired arms, "I just-"

There was no fighting my tears. Guilt had never stormed me so horribly. I bet he was terrified that I'd never wake up.

"I just couldn't stand there and watch some sneak in a hit like that on you. I love you too much," I was shaking while admitting my feelings.

Sitting up, he wiped my tears away, cooing, "I know, Y/N."

Mikey had already lost people he loved and the fear of that bad luck would probably always be there. It felt that it was my duty to make sure he wouldn't have to worry about that again, even though that was easier said than done.

"But don't worry, Mikey," I sniffled, putting on a tired smile for him, "I'm never gonna leave you."

Taking his hand and squeezing, I wanted him to know I meant that wholeheartedly and with all the power in my soul.

Earning a smile back, my heart was flooded with warmth as he smiled back softly:

"I love you too, Y/N. Always stay by my side. I need you."

"Always," That was a vow, pulling back into another hug, savoring it but my eyes darting to the door.

There was a huge gasp, our crybaby hero in the doorway, "Y/N-Kun! You're awake!"

"I'll go get the nurse," Mitsuya was behind him, Mikey and I smiling at Takemitchy running over to my bedside, exploding with tears:

"I'm so happy!"

"I'm alright, Takemitchy," I assured, Mikey giving me the space to give him a comforting hug.

"You should know Y/N's tough," Mikey said to Takemitchy, but smiling at me.

Holding Takemitchy and trying to ease his tears, I took Mikey's hand, saying to Takemitchy but directing at Mikey:

"Gonna take a lot more than a baseball bat to keep me down."