Long Night (Takeomi Akashi -🍋)

It was good to be back home from across the world. I already had a furnished home, and had some things to settle in the night, but it felt good to hop on my bike, having to drive through the city to get home.

Of course, I hit every red light on the way home and wasn't even halfway there. While waiting for the light to change, a bike next to me caught my attention.

It was nice! The other driver had a helmet on, too, hiding their identity, but I supped them and gave a thumbs up to their bike as a compliment. Their response? They revved their bike at me.

Looking at the lights, it was about to change at any moment now. So, I got ready and revved back at them. They only revved back, and I did the same, our back tires smoking as the light turned green, and we both took off.

There was nothing like racing that made my blood pump and my adrenaline rush. Whoever I was racing indeed had experience and guts. Little did they realize I did, too.

We were neck and neck, swerving past other cars, drifting through an intersection; my tires left behind dark tire marks, running through a red light.

I had to laugh at the driver as they looked at me like I was crazy. Even with a helmet on, I could read their expression, but I started thinking. The direction we were heading showed that they were familiar with how some gangs raced around here. I wondered if I knew them, ready to lift the visor on my helmet to speak, but we both looked back briefly as we heard sirens.

"Shit!" I groaned to myself, throwing up a peace sign to the other driver before taking some alleys to get away from the cops.

It didn't take long for me to get in the clear. I needed a second to breathe and get my heart to stop pumping so fast; I headed to an old parking garage that not too many people used, just to find the same person I was racing in the garage, too.

Now, this was too coincidental, saying before taking off my helmet:

"Yo, do I know you?"

"Y/N?" They surely knew me, taking our helmets off simultaneously, seeing that it was Takeomi.

"Takeomi! Holy shit, bro!" I couldn't believe it, smiling and giggling as we hopped off our bikes to hug each other.

"I should've known it was you," He laughed, swaying as he hugged me, "I only know a few people who drive like a maniac."

"Oh, you're one to talk!" I laughed, playfully shoving him, "Just be grateful we avoided the fuzz, dude!"

"Good point," He chuckled, pulling out a cigarette to light up, "Gonna let the heat die down a little before I head back out."

"Same," I sighed out of relief, no longer hearing any sirens; another thought popped into my head, "You got any plans tonight? I haven't seen you in forever! We got to hang out or something!"

"Just your luck, I'm free," He smirked, blowing out the smoke and ashing his cigarette, making me smile more:

"Sweet! You can come see my place."

Nodding and finishing his cigarette, we hopped back on our bikes, winking at him before putting my helmet back on:

"Just follow me if you can keep up."

"If it weren't for the cops, I would've won," He spat, laughing at him:

"Just wait till we can race again! I'll make you eat your words!"

As much as I wanted to race again, I kept things calm and took the back way to my house, leading him into the garage, parking and putting my helmet on the shelf against the wall, then grabbing the door: