The Finish Line (Continuation of The Grim Future)(Timeskip!Manjiro Sano - 🥰)

Quick Note: There are manga spoilers! Use of a gun! and a MxF slap in this! (But the rest is worth it! Trust me lol)

It took some sneaking around, but in a relatively short time, I tracked down Chifuyu. He owned a pet shop in the city, and I had to lie to Mikey, but I needed to see Chifuyu.

There was no way I could live like this. Yes, I was with Mikey, but he wasn't the Mikey I knew. I didn't know exactly what I had to do in the past to change our future, but I knew that this wasn't meant for us.

The store Chifuyu owned was impressive, and it was nice to know that my friends did something with their lives. I didn't want to approach him directly as just being there had my emotions running wild, and when I saw Chifuyu step out of the back and to the register to help one of his employees, an exchange of glances was all we needed.

The longer I stared into his eyes, the more tears I felt swelling up. He nudged his head toward the backdoor, so I rushed outside to meet him in the alleyway.

"Y/N, it's about time I ran into you-"

"Chifuyu-" I panted, silencing him as tears streamed down my face, shaking in the knees as I cried, "I need to go back. I need to go back now."

"Why? I know that we couldn't save everyone, but-" Chifuyu was only confused but quickly learned why I was panicking as I cried harder:

"It's so much worse than you think, Chifuyu."

"Try to calm down, okay?" He was only trying to help, holding my shoulders and trying to help ease my cries so I could talk, "Just tell me what's going on."

"Have you heard of Bonten?" I didn't need to ask; the expansion in his pupils showed that he knew of Bonten, nearly breaking down completely against him as I whispered, "I'm second in command of it. Mikey is the leader, and they all do such horrible things. How did this happen, Chifuyu? How did I fail again?"

"Oh my gosh," He whispered in shock, holding me up as I collapsed in his arms, looking up to him:

"Please, Chifuyu-"

"Hmm, this is what you've been hiding from me, Y/N?"

Fear never struck me as hard as it did when I heard Mikey's voice behind me; I whipped around to see Mikey and Sanzu behind him.

"No, Mikey! This isn't what you think!" Panicking, I fell to my knees, even bowing to him to show that I wasn't lying, "It will sound crazy if I tell you the truth, but I'll do so if I have to, just please-"

"Shut up," He growled, leaning down to snatch my wrist and pull me away from Chifuyu, "Sanzu-"

"I got this," Sanzu snickered, my heart falling as he pulled out a pistol with a silencer, making me scream out:

"No! Mikey! PLEASE-"

Before me or Chifuyu could react, Sanzu had already pulled the trigger, crying so hard that I couldn't breathe as Chifuyu's body fell to the ground.

"Oh my god-" I choked out, trying to break Mikey's grasp, "Chifuyu!"

"You've been acting weird, suspicious too," Mikey murmured, gripping my wrist even tighter, pulling me so we were face to face, never seeing such a dark look in his eyes, "You think I wouldn't find out?"

"It's not what you think!" I yelled out of sadness and anger, trying to break free just for him to slap me.

I never knew Mikey's strength till then. My head was ringing as I dropped to the ground like a ton of bricks, just from a slap. As much as it hurt my heart and made me cry even worse, I needed to save Chifuyu, crawling to his body, but before I could reach him, Sanzu snatched me by the shirt: