Prologue

1st POV

My name is Kayleigha and I'm a dragon, a Storm Drake to be specific.

I'm about 28 deca-phoebs old. I have bright yellow eyes and black scales with a purple strip that runs on the sides of my head and body. And for as long as I can remember I have been a prisoner of the Galra Empire.

Yeah, no surprise to that. These purple freaks have been ruling the entire universe for thousands of years and they keep a lot of prisoners who try to defy their Emperor, Lord Zarkon.

They always tell me that my loyalty is to the Galra, that I should have no one else to turn to, but deep down I feel like I am meant to be more than just someone's pet. The only problem is I don't know what.

Everything for me is almost always the same, just me by myself locked in a dark room while sentry robots march in the hallway outside the door. Whenever I do come out, it's only because they want me to attack something or test me as a weapon or they have me go through some experiments with me as a test subject. And I hate all of that stuff.

I just want to get away from it all, I want to see what lies outside these ships, to see the stars and planets I've heard about, to see what everyone calls... the universe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Hope you like the first chapter of my First story, I've wanting to write this for a while. Please, stick around to see the adventure of our Dragon OC.

Thank You!