The Fall of the Castle of Lions

Hey guys! Check it out! Another chapter has been uploaded and I've made my first photo edit for this story ever! Honestly, the credit for drawing Kayleigha doesn't belong to me, I just did the coloring. The drawing is based on a sketch made by my youngest sister, a true artist if you ask me.

Feel free to comment and give any feedback about the chapter if necessary.

And don't forget to vote and follow!

Thanks!

~~~

Night has fallen on the planet Arus, and a full moon has risen over the Castle of Lions. And tonight, a party is being hosted inside the Castle.

Princess Allura has decided to have a big party with the Arusians the same evening the Paladins defeated the monster that attacked us. The ballroom is full of the smaller aliens, it's almost tricky to move around without stepping on them by accident.

The Arusians mingle with the Paladins, except for Shiro as he stands near the castle entrance. He looks kind of troubled from what I can see.

"The monster fell from the sky!" The Arusian King shouts as a small group of Arusians displays the battle that happened earlier today on the stairs, "It was an epic battle, but Voltron was victorious!"

The Arusians pretending to be the monster knock down the other Arusians pretending to be Voltron.

"No. I said, Voltron was victorious!" the king repeats. The performers quickly correct their little errors and make 'Voltron' victorious.

The Arusians cheer and Allura walks up to the king.

"Thank you, Your Majesty, for that... wonderful production." She says as she turns to face the room, "It saddens me that we must leave tomorrow, but we must continue our battle with Zarkon and spread peace throughout the universe."

Allura turns back towards the king and hands him a small communication device.

"Your Highness... please accept this gift. This will allow you to contact us anytime you need help. Arus will be the first planet in the Voltron Alliance." She says.

"Hoorah!" The Arusian King cheers. His cheer is followed by the rest of the Arusians.

I smile as I watch everyone from a distance. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with parties, and I'd rather be spared from any nervous glances, so I'm just standing by the wall and seeing the Paladins mingle around the smaller creatures in the room and small hovering trays of food and drinks floating around.

Lance is making these weird motions with his hand while talking to Hunk and Keith, before taking a sip of a drink in his hand. He seems to regret it immediately as he struggles to swallow and not gag at the same time.

I am curious to know what happened, so I focus my hearing on him and listen.

"Coran, what is this?" Lance asks the Altean.

"Oh, this is Nunvill, the nectar of the gods." Coran replies.

"It tastes like hot dog water and feet."

"Yeah, makes a wonderful hair tonic as well." Coran sprinkles some Nunvill on his mustache, making it fluff up and shiny.

I lightly grimace when I hear Lance retch. My eyes follow the orange-haired Altean as he walks over to Shiro. He's still standing near the castle entrance with a puzzled look on his face. I wonder what he is thinking about.

"Not feeling well? Try some Nunvill. Settles the stomach and brightens your smile." Coran offers Shiro as I walk over to them.

"I'm not sure we should be letting everyone wander in and out of the Castle like this. It doesn't seem safe."