Some Assembly Required

It's been a whole day since the Paladins formed Voltron and defeated Sendak. Even now I'm astounded that the Galra could actually be brought down by an incredible force! The fact that not only did I not expect to help a group of Earthlings find a powerful weapon, but I'm now part of a team that could put an end to Zarkon!

27 years of my life being forced to obey the Galra, now all completely thrown away and replaced with a new task: to help the new Defenders of the Universe bring freedom and peace in any way I can.

After the fight was over, we were assigned our own rooms to sleep in now that we're living in the Castle. I have to admit, when I discovered that my room had a bed, I never thought I'd feel more comfortable and relaxed in my life! Just laying on the mattress feels extremely pleasant for my large aching body. I go to sleep right away.

>>>--->

The bright lights of scorching flames have returned. I find myself once again trapped in the chaos of my nightmares.

I run as fast as I can through the fire, ignoring the blazing heat that touches my scales as I pass through. Flashing lights from the dark clouds over me keep blinking before my eyes.

"Traitor!" a dark voice rings in my ears. "StarBlaze! You dare betray the Galra?!"

I stop running and shout at the voice, "I never belonged with the Galra! They never cared for me!"

A loud noise turns my attention to the right and I see a Galra cruiser in the air. The giant battleship fires lasers everywhere. I resume running through the huge flames around me while trying to avoid being blasted by the ship's weapons. If only I can find a place to escape...

"Help!"

I freeze on the spot as I hear a different voice, one I'm familiar with.

Hunk?

"Hello?" There's another.

Coran?

"Hello?" There's another.

Lance?!

"Where am I?"

Pidge!

"What's going on?!"

Keith!

"Paladins, where are you?"

Princess Allura!

I keep looking in different directions as I listen to everyone's cries getting louder. Not a single one of them is in sight. Their voices, added with all the other chaotic noises, begin overlapping in my head, causing me to hold it in anguish.

"Kayleigha!"

My head snaps up at the new voice. Whirling around, I gasp when I see an all too familiar figure facing me, his eyes filled with fear as I return the look.

"Shiro!" I cry, running in his direction.

I try moving as fast as I can, but I'm barely halfway when a big laser hits the ground in front of me. I end up flying through the air backward, before crashing to the ground.

I groan while I move to sit up. I look at Shiro and notice him now looking straight up, I follow his gaze and my eyes widen to see the cruiser suddenly hovering over us.

A glowing violet light appears in an opening in front of the ship, it gets brighter and brighter by the tick. Before I can get to my feet or even tell Shiro to run, the light beams down on us, blinding me from everything else.