The Rise of Voltron

While going through the wormhole, I, along with Shiro and Keith, am pushed back into the wall by the turbulence. Pidge and Hunk hold onto the pilot seat as the lion shoots through the passing light.

After a few short doboshes, we exit the portal.

I stand behind the chair in a daze from what just happened before shaking my head and regain focus.

"Whoa. That was..."

Hunk hurls to the side and vomits in the corner of the cockpit.

"So sorry." He says before continuing to lose his breakfast.

"I'm just surprised it took this long." Pidge acknowledges.

Shiro looks at the stars around us, "I don't recognize any of these constellations. We must be a long, long way from Earth."

I look forward to see the lion heading towards a new planet, one that looks almost like Earth. The giant sphere is getting bigger in front of us as we get closer.

"The lion seems to want to go to this planet." Lance says, "I think... I think it's going home."

Just as he says it, the lion flies faster towards the planet. I can feel the cockpit heating up as we make entry through the planet's atmosphere. We all subconsciously get pushed closer together.

"Guys, personal space. Hunk, your breath is killing me." Lance complains as we're squeezed together around him.

"Um, is it just me or is anyone else having second thoughts about flying through a mysterious Wormhole?" Hunk questions, "Why are we listening to a robotic lion anyway?"

"It got us away from that alien warship, didn't it?" Lance counters.

"I don't know if you noticed, but we're in an alien warship." Keith points out, "With an alien I might add."

I grumble in annoyance as he gestures to me, "Is that supposed to be a bad thing?"

"Oh, are you scared?" Lance smirks at Keith, not hearing my comment.

"With you at the helm? Terrified."

"All right, knock it off!" Shiro says with a strict tone in his voice, "No one's happy to be in this situation, but we're here now. If we want to get through this, we've got to do it together."

"So, what do we do?" Pidge asks.

"First, we find out where we're headed. Lance?"

"I don't know." Lance replies, looking around at us, "I'm sorry. The Lion's not talking to me anymore. Wait! Wait, wait, wait! Shh! Listen. I think I hear something."

We grow quiet, listening carefully in silence. A soft squeaking noise breaks the silence in the cockpit.

"I'm hearing it, too." Keith says.

"It's, uh-- It's kind of a-- a high-pitched squeal?" Hunk tries to describe the sound.

I take in a whiff of the air and immediately regret it, so does everyone else as we groan at the stench.

"Come on, Lance!"

"Gross!"

Lance smirks at us from that little stunt, until I snort at him, huffing a small cloud of smoke in his face, just to get him back.

"Ugh! Hey, no smoke breath while I'm piloting." Lance says.

"I could've used fire." I counter.