Collection and Extraction

Kayleigha's POV

After the event of the Galra crystal's corruption in the Castle, Allura and Coran make sure to clear the ship of the infection completely. Once everything is brought back to normal, we can finally get back on track to fighting the Galra.

Everyone has gathered on the bridge where Pidge is going over the information that we've gathered from Sendak's memory.

"Somewhere inside Sendak's memories we should be able to find the inside information that gives us the key to take down Zarkon." Allura says as we stare down at the screen in front of Pidge.

"I don't think your father would approve of searching through an enemy's memories." Coran says, uneasily.

"I know." Allura sighs, "But we have to do everything we can to defeat Zarkon."

"Once we learn all his weaknesses, we can drive up to his front door and challenge him to a fight. Winner gets the universe." Lance says as he looks up, his mind is in a sort of daydream.

We look at him curiously before turning back to Pidge and her screen.

"Find anything good, Pidge?" Shiro asks.

"We were only able to salvage bits and pieces." Pidge replies.

Keith sighs, "We need something to work with. Right now, we don't even have a decent map of the empire."

"Who needs a map?" Lance asks, "After 10,000 years of conquering, I could probably point my bayard at, like, any random point in space and hit a Galra ship."

"If we could just find troop locations or supply routes, small targets we could hit-and-run, then we could start to free planets one by one." Shiro suggests.

"Boring. I want the big kaboom." Lance says and makes a strange pose.

"That would only end in disaster for us, Lance." I say, "None of us have any idea what is at Zarkon's base or what he could have in store for us if we attack him head-on."

"Kayleigha's right," Shiro agrees, "Zarkon's been building his empire for 10,000 years. We're not going to tear it down overnight with five inexperienced pilots, one dragon, and one support ship. Hitting him where he lives would be a huge mistake."

"Okay," Pidge says, getting our attention back to her screens, "I've crossed referenced Sendak's memories with the info I got from the downed ship back on Arus. Most of it was a garbled mess, but one thing kept repeating, something called a 'Universal Station.'"

"Universal Station?" Hunk asks, blocking Pidge's view of the screen, "Like, the station that controls the entire universe?"

Pidge pushes him away, "Well, we are translating it from Galra, so it could also be 'Galactic Hub.'"

"Or 'Space Base!'" Lance jokes.

We stare at him for a tick, unamused.

He blinks at us, "What?"

Coran walks over to the control panel. "I'm pulling up the location of your Universal Hub Station Base on our screens now."

The screen comes up and displays three planets far away from us. But there is no base anywhere in sight.

"So, where is it?" Lance asks.

"I don't know. Our long range sensors are unable to find anything at those coordinates."

"Maybe he remembered it wrong." Keith suggests.

"Or maybe we just stumbled across a top-secret base in Sendak's memories." Pidge adds.