Tears Of The Balmera

This has got to be the most anxious I have ever been. Worry fills my mind and I'm not even in any danger.

"There's not much time before they get the ship running again. You must shut off the particle barrier so we can get in." Allura says to Pidge in the communicator.

"You got it. Tell me what to do." Pidge replies.

"The particle barrier generator is beneath the main hull."

Pidge has already halted the launch, but now he has to help us get inside the castle and stop Commander Sendak from taking Voltron. Allura is guiding our Green Paladin through the castle to bring down the particle barrier, which is the only thing keeping her, Keith, and I from entering.

I pace back and forth nervously on the bridge. It is now daylight and I do not doubt that Sendak has figured out about Pidge, meaning he can be in more danger than before.

"Kayleigha, you need to calm down." Keith says.

I stop in my tracks, "What?"

"You're pacing. You'll distract yourself if you keep going like that."

"I can't help it, I'm just nervous that we can't do anything to help. True, Pidge can help us get in, but we don't know how soon that'll be. Lance is still injured, he and Shiro are being held prisoner by Sendak, and we don't even know what the quiznak Hunk and Coran are doing while getting a crystal for the Castle! I hate that we have to be stuck out here while everyone else--"

"Kayleigha!" Keith yells, silencing me.

"Look, I get that you're worried right now. We all are. We have friends that are in trouble and Pidge is the only one helping us right now. But getting frustrated and panicking won't do any good for you, you'll only lose focus. Just take a deep breath and calm down."

I hesitate, I'm not sure if I should try to argue with him, but he makes a fair point. I shouldn't be wasting energy worrying about everything.

I breathe in deeply, "Okay, I'll be calm."

>>>--->

"Pidge, have you made it to the generator room?" Allura asks.

"I'm in." Pidge replies, "This technology is so advanced, I don't know if I can figure it out."

"Yes, you can. The lives of your fellow paladins are at stake. You can't give up."

There's a momentary silence from Pidge, bringing me to wonder what he's thinking about.

"Okay. Talk me through it, Allura." Pidge finally says.

"Shutting down the barrier from this room can be dangerous. Remember, the barrier is also a weapon. So, stay away from the energy arcs."

"Don't touch the giant lightning bolts. Got it."

"Now, what I'm going to need you to do is--"

Allura is cut off when loud noises and Pidge's screaming are heard from his end on the comms.

"Pidge! Hello? Are you there? Pidge, what's going on?" Allura asks. We look at each other nervously when she doesn't receive an answer.

"Wait... the mice. Maybe they can help."

Closing her eyes, Allura concentrates on her connection with the small critters. I haven't seen them do anything but I've heard that they are connected with Allura's mind and it has made them smarter than other rodents.