𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎

"Do you believe in vampires, Matt?"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Do you believe in vampires, Matt?"

I could see it in his eyes that the memory of the night with Vicki at the hospital was floating in his mind.

The night Damon attacked her and she woke up for a moment to exclaim 'vampire' before giving into her exhaustion.

"What if I told you that Vicki was murdered and then turned into a vampire."

"Stop." He held out his hand in front of him and stopped me.

"She was murdered Ma—"

"Vampires are real?" He stated out loud, trying to sound out the truth. "Then so are werewolves, fairies, ghosts and demons." He answered with a sarcastic grin.

"I'm being serious." I took a step forward and grabbed his arm. He jumped back at the sudden spark that caused me to draw back.

"Ava. It's okay." Matt patted my back with his free hand and smiled sadly. "We're both grieving and it's screwing with our heads. You weren't there when Vicki died. No one was."

"Matt, that's not tru—"

"That's enough. Let's just drop it." Matt snapped then his face softened as he tilted his head to the side. "Have you been skipping your therapy?"

"Maybe."

"Don't. Go to your sessions and stop beating yourself up over Vick. It's not your fault and vampires aren't real, Ava."

"The founding families believed—"

"They also believed that the Earth was flat."

"Well, actually they—"

"I don't wanna hear it. Just let it go."

The loud sound of the door opening broke through our small conversation as Matt tilted his head to check who it was.

"I'm here and I brought dessert." Caroline yelled out into the house as she skipped to the living room.

"I got chocolate cake, our favorite." She added, placing the cake onto the small dining table and engulfing me into a hug. She let go first and went over to do the same to her boyfriend.

"You swung by Marlo's?" Matt asked, pointing at the bag.

"Yeah, I thought we all needed a little something." She answered with a bright smile.

I took out the cake from the packet and placed the box onto the counter. "Perfect, that will go well with the ice cream."

"I heard ice cream. Also don't forget to lock the door, Care. I had to do it instead." Bonnie appeared, removing her coat and placing it in the coat hanger near the door. She held out her arm for Caroline who had forgotten to remove her coat.

Caroline took off her coat and scarf, handing it to Bonnie before helping Matt take out the food from the Grill. "Ooh is that from Marlo's Bakery."

Caroline nodded as Bonnie hugged her from behind. I took out the plates and passed them to Bonnie, who took them and started setting them on the table while Caroline started the food. We chatted quietly while Matt questioned if Elena was going to show up.

Come As You Are¹ || The Vampire Diariesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें