𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟽: 𝚄𝚗𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚍

"You know I'm fine, Nate

"You know I'm fine, Nate." Jenna complained as uncle Nate along with Elena and Jeremy helped Jenna into the Gilbert house. "I swear. Anyone would think I nearly died or something."

After Mason's 'death', Katherine compelled Jenna to stab herself, almost killing her. I don't know what Jenna had to do with Mason but maybe she was feeling extra spiteful towards Elena.

As a result, my uncle was not only pissed but upset that both of his best friends were almost killed because of Katherine. I knew that he was already planning to kill Katherine. He had even gone as far as to formally ask for permission to hunt and kill from my dad and the rest of the family. They approved, obviously. Why wouldn't they?

Despite my wish to stay out of any mess in this town, I decided to just get involved. Staying passive was hurting the people around me. Yes, I was fine but the people I cared about were not.

Uncle Nate looked pale and dark circles hung around his eyes. He looked weaker and tired, which should've been a surprise to me, given that he spent the past few days alternating between taking care of Mason and then Jenna. At least, Mason was lucky enough that I could heal him a little and he had supernatural healing. Jenna, on the other hand, was stuck with regular medicine but she had Alaric and the Gilbert siblings at her side.

"Honestly, have you not been taking that tea I gave you?"

Jenna looked away from him and looked at Mason who gave Jenna a sympathetic look. He too knew what it was like to be the object of my uncle's coddling. "I ran out. You were busy and besides, I'm sure I didn't walk into a knife because I was stressed."

"I'm just surprised you were in the kitchen...cooking too." Mason commented with a small smile on his face. His injuries had mostly healed by now.

Elena and Jeremy glanced at me. The two knew that I had been helping Mason recover.

"I was just making some salad, Ric and Elena were there." Jenna groaned as uncle Nate helped her onto the couch. "I don't know what happened after that—oh wait. I think Elena picked up the phone."

"You had a phone call?" I asked Elena, she stiffened and nodded.

"It was...um...Kath...Katie." She answered. Katherine called Elena to threaten her, that meant she had compelled Jenna before.

"Whose Katie?" Jenna questioned.

Elena traded nervous glances with me, making me wonder how she hadn't spilled to Jenna or anyone, she was just so obvious.

I plastered a calm smile on my face and went over to Jenna. "It's this girl from one of our classes. Here." I handed her the package I brought from home to Jenna. "This is more of that tea uncle Nate gives you and my mom made some cookies as well, flavored with that tea, my mom made these and aunt Diana made these—hand creams. It's supposed to be super relaxing. Lastly, uncle Nate found these cute earrings. It's just glass amber."