XII: The Devil's Everlasting Love

Now | Christian

Fuck, I shouldn't have done that.

She was talking to Umaima, moving her hands around with a nervous smile and trying to make the situation less awkward than it already was.

But all I could do was stare at her lips.

Has she been practicing kissing with other guys?

The thought itself made me want to punch a wall.

My hands fisted at their sides. Adelaide Mikael was nothing but a distraction. Which convinced me even more that marrying each other was a bad idea. It would ruin us and the space we've put between us for so many years.

It was a simple thought: I had to focus on my goal. The plan. The revenge.

That's what I was here for.

To take Starlight down.

I didn't care for Adelaide nor would I again in the future.

Sexual attraction didn't mean affection. It was natural. Biology. Chemistry. Whatever the fuck kind of science deals with sex. Which is a positive on one side if I thought about it.

Marriage with her won't be completely boring.

"I–wow."

Hasan blocked my view of Adelaide.

"You good?" I asked. 

"When I said to help her out I didn't mean with your mouth."

I pretended to think about it, "Did you mean my hands then?" I brought them out in front of me to show him. "There's a lot I can do with them too."

He made a disgusted face. "Why are you acting like a dick?"

"Maybe because my actual dick isn't getting any."

Hasan took a step back and shook his head. My eyes reverted back to Adelaide who was staring at me with a wilted expression.
I shouldn't care.

She, nor anyone else in this room, mattered with what I needed to get done. None of this was supposed to be a long lasting, loving reunion. It was a simple get what I needed to get done and then leave.

"I sent the signed contract to you through email," I walked towards the two after mentally composing myself. "The hard copy is with me and I won't be sending it back to you for trust purposes but that's all, right?"
My eyes flickered over her lips before Umaima turned to stand in front of Adelaide. She crossed her arms and stared at me with a deadly expression.
She was protecting Adelaide from me, smart of her to do that.

There was one person I was afraid of when I signed the contract and it was her. If there was one thing I remembered clearly about Umaima it was how much she cared about the people she loved.

Which was why she looked like she wanted to dig up my grave and feed me dirt as she'd kill me with the shovel.

"Umaima," I lowered my head in a greeting. But she wasn't having it.

"I want to cut your dick off and feed it to you," she replied stoically.

I pursed my lips, "That's one hell of a greeting for a friend you haven't seen in years."

"Friend?" She laughed, "You were Adelaide's friend too and you treated her like shit, so guess what, dickface?" She took a step closer, her 5'8 height almost intimidating me. "I hate you as much as I hate Shaytaan."

Hasan whistled at the back, "Okay Umaima, calm down. This is between them."
She glared past me at Hasan and said something in Urdu to shut him up. "You and I were once good friends, Christian."
She looked back at me with fire in her eyes. "But I forgot all about those good memories the moment you broke Adelaide's heart. Now you can choke for all I care."